Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lack of input pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman83

hi, I am working on a project and I have a problem. a microcontroller has to take 24 inputs simultaneously from 24 sensors but the microcontroller does not have enough input pins? how can I solve this problem?

iceman83 said:
hi, I am working on a project and I have a problem. a microcontroller has to take 24 inputs simultaneously from 24 sensors but the microcontroller does not have enough input pins? how can I solve this problem?

Use a larger micro-controller :lol:

But that's just one way, you can use port expanders to give more inputs (basically shift registers). A lot though depends on EXACTLY what the sensors are, and how you need to read them.

But in all cases 'simultaneously' isn't possible, but a microcontroller can usually do it more than fast enough to make it appear simultaneous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back