Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kalsaber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

KALSABER v1.0
Krumlink's Autonomous Light Seeking Advanced BEhavior Robot v1.0

DESCRIPTION
SABER is my finest robot yet. It has a light tracking head on the top, with 2 sets of sensors on it for maximum readout. It has 3 H bridges, 3 motors, a set of reversing circuitry, lots of wiring and a lot of time into it. It works great, and it uses the Rflex1 Robot Body, utilising it to the max. I took many pictures (and soon a movie) of SABER, because it is quite the accomplishment. The entire concept is based upon by me, and It includes modified circuitry from existing circuits. As you may notice, the sensor board has been rebuilt and salvaged from Spaghetti, my first robot, which was a line follower.

OPERATION
SABER Will first lock onto a light source (in the pics a lantern) SABER will then track the object by bouncing the light between it's 2 sensors, making it "wobble" back and forth. It then sends this light signal into a H bridge, making the head move to track the light. IT then sends the same signal into a H bridge motor controller. It then makes the robot body turn where ever the head is pointing, therefore creating a very effective Horse and Rider. The Rider being the Eyes and brain (Robot Head), and the Horse being the vehicle of transportation.

EXPLANATION OF PICTURES
18: Side View. Note the Conduit in the back
19: Front view showing sensor board
20: Top View
22: Closeup of sensor board
23: Sideview
24: Top left right view
25: Another view with my dog's legs in shot watching it run
26: SABER Tracking and following the Lantern
27: Offcenter shot, due to movement of SABER
28: A nice top right front shot, showing the 4 component boards
29: Another nice shot

I really enjoy this robot, hope you enjoy the pictures.

Attachments

• 102_0018.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 271
  • 102_0019.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 231
  • 102_0020.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 226
  • 102_0022.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 226
  • 102_0023.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 228
  • 102_0024.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 102_0025.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 221
  • 102_0026.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 236
  • 102_0027.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 102_0028.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 218
  • 102_0029.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 227
Also, SABER Went through A TON of trial and error before I got it right.

nice job krummy. i like that. ;) i especially like the tupperware container body.

9/10 geek points. ;)

blueroomelectronics said:
Why is there a screwdriver inside?

Nice work, they're getting better and better.

Just in case... :D

have you considered posting your pictures to a website like flickr or any of the nock-offs?

then people with slow connections can see thumbnails and only download the ones they're interested in

plus you can tag them with keywords and lots of other people can see them if they search for robots, etc.

I was going to put them all on my website soon, thanks for the idea :)

Krumlink said:
I was going to put them all on my website soon, thanks for the idea :)

if you have control of the programming for your website, you can install your own "gallery script" as well. Then you don't have to put up with the advertisements yahoo puts on flickr!

I can see your photography is gradually improving,.

A good project overall but I think you need to neaten it up a bit, it's just a bit untidy.

A neat project doesn't just look better, it'll be more reliable and easier to fault find.

Thats one of the problems I face, is that it can be difficult with a dremel, a drill and hacksaw to create durable bodies. I am planning a large universal all extruded aluminum body. It will have a onboard PIC Programmer (the inchworm+ OR the Junebug) wired up to a PCB. It will be 2ft long and 1.5ft wide.

it is good if u post circuit and code
U post too more picture about ur robot
if like can see more at youtube
every one need source dont need picture about robot
it too more

Krumlink said:
Thats one of the problems I face, is that it can be difficult with a dremel, a drill and hacksaw to create durable bodies.

If you don't have a drill press, get one.

They are not expensive, and you can do a lot of things with them for which they are not specifically designed. Variable speed or one with a motor that you can adapt to VS (like an AD/DC universal motor) is a great advantage when cutting big holes, winding, sanding, etc.
John

phuanon said:
it too more

Another Haiku, well almost.

phuanon said:
it too more

Why so you can copy it and name it as your own?

IT DOESNT EVEN USE A MICROCONTROLLER LOL!

Nice work. Co-incidentally, I've just started work on a PIC controlled photovore. It's all very basic, but I'm trying to make it all my own work and code, which has proven to be a very good learning curve.

zanes said:
Nice work. Co-incidentally, I've just started work on a PIC controlled photovore. It's all very basic, but I'm trying to make it all my own work and code, which has proven to be a very good learning curve.

Good for you, IMO a good attitude and the willingness to give it a try is the best way to learn about something.
So many posts in forums are gimme this and all the code too. A basic framework and guidence are what the forums do best.
Start small, don't attempt to master the universe on your first try, take it a step at a time (an atomonmous bipedal self charging GPS enabled robot with image recognition with an optional laser gun would be a BAD first project?)
Krumlinks getting the hang of it, starting with simple bots and small low voltage motors (I think his first robot didn't even have wheels, it dragged itself around on the motor axles) now it sounds like he's working on his first robot with a microcontroller.

zanes said:

Glad to hear it! Dont forget to post it on the forum too!

blueroomelectronics said:
Good for you, IMO a good attitude and the willingness to give it a try is the best way to learn about something.
So many posts in forums are gimme this and all the code too. A basic framework and guidence are what the forums do best.
Start small, don't attempt to master the universe on your first try, take it a step at a time (an atomonmous bipedal self charging GPS enabled robot with image recognition with an optional laser gun would be a BAD first project?)
Krumlinks getting the hang of it, starting with simple bots and small low voltage motors (I think his first robot didn't even have wheels, it dragged itself around on the motor axles) now it sounds like he's working on his first robot with a microcontroller.

Actually my first was Spaghetti, a line following robot that used wheels and a comparator.

I am thinking of building a IR room exploring robot using a PIC18F4620 and the Code bill found for me. I am really thinking of making it using a PIC :)

Well really I'm still at the coding stage, I'm currently using LEDs in place of motors on my breadboard. But I've found a suitable motor/gearbox combo (off krumlinks site, that tamiya one looks perfect). But it's a start from my first version of the code, which latched on the LEDs (once I'd remember to connect the oscillator up... that one had me going for a while....:eek: :D )

zanes said:
Well really I'm still at the coding stage, I'm currently using LEDs in place of motors on my breadboard. But I've found a suitable motor/gearbox combo (off krumlinks site, that tamiya one looks perfect). But it's a start from my first version of the code, which latched on the LEDs (once I'd remember to connect the oscillator up... that one had me going for a while....:eek: :D )
The Tamiya gearbox is a great intro gearbox; I used it on a project. I did find it lacking after a while; the one I was using was a little old/worn, so the gears needed an overhaul before the motors would even turn over.

Best of luck, though! Building a robot is a very rewarding process; as Krumlink has found over the past few months (year?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back