Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JuneBot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

Once I get my Junebug, I would like to put it on a little robot cart and basically program the 18F1320 tutor to run the bot. It would need a external power supply, which is not a problem (Just throw on a 5VUSB power supply) and I think that it would be SWEET! JuneBot would be easy to use too, just gotta add a motor controller and im set.

I am currently still working on that treaded bot, but mounting the treads has been giving me problems. I also made a little wheeled robot too, it will be called lolBot, for it's poor looks :)

Almost as if it were all a plan...

It should work great too.

I created a artist rendering :p

Attachments

• junebot.JPG
    junebot.JPG
    7.2 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Nice :)

You should try the free version of Sketchup. You're bots will love you for it.

PS the 18F1320 is good, but the dual PWM of the 18F2525 is better for differential drive robots.
**broken link removed**
My blueroomelectronics mascots.
**broken link removed**
A robot you can download from Googles 3D warehouse

robot - Google 3D Warehouse Search

Last edited:
When I build the JuneBot maybe you could put it in your JPUG :)

Once I get my Junebug, I would like to put it on a little robot cart and basically program the 18F1320 tutor to run the bot.
Now that sounds like fun! :D I'll post mine if you'll post yours. I have all the parts here - motors, treads, motor controller, sensors. Just need time to put em all together into a robot and program it to do something interesting.

Hmm... I just got a pan/tilt for my CMUcam (the old original). That would be a good controller and platform for it. :D

Only problem is, I might have to buy another Junebug if my main one is ridin around on a robot. :p

Last edited:
Yes I will post mine, but I need to get my junebug back :) It is "In the shop"(broken getting a new one)

Junebug is a USB programmer, and is designed/sold by Blueroomelectronics on this forum. I really enjoyed it before mine stopped working. If you are going for PIC i would get one (I am currently using a Inchworm+, great little programmer too)

Junebug is a USB programmer, and is designed/sold by Blueroomelectronics on this forum. I really enjoyed it before mine stopped working. If you are going for PIC i would get one (I am currently using a Inchworm+, great little programmer too)

yeah i know i just did not know what one is better

The very popular Arduino has quite a following, it's basically a modern BASIC Stamp type device, it programs with a language similar to Wiring (sort of looks like C). You don't need a programmer as it uses a built in bootloader. Some versions are USB others are RS232.
Arduino - HomePage
The Junebug is part PICkit2 and part 18F Tutor. Unlike the Arduino it can also be used as a general purpose PIC programmer / debugger for most Flash based PICs (I don't think the Arduino offers a hardware debugger, I don't own or use one so I can't say)
The Junebug also does not limit you to what language you wish to use, you can program in ASM, BASIC, C, JAL etc... Most PIC compilers have demo versions available and the Junebug stays current as it uses the same firmware and automatic updates as the PICkit2.

Almost as if it were all a plan...

It should work great too.

I created a artist rendering :p

Looks really nice. :)

Hi Bill,

Any particular reason why you called your kits JuneBug, Silverfish and Ladybug...? :D

Is the Sketchup easy to learn? Has the free version got enough feature?

(I don't think the Arduino offers a hardware debugger, I don't own or use one so I can't say)
I'd be willing to bet that it doesn't. As far as I can tell, it's much like the PICAXE, only with an Atmel MCU instead of a PIC. I've been meaning to buy one just to see what they're all about. It'll probably end up like my PICAXE - used once and then it sits in the parts drawer forever after. :D

Sketchup is easy to learn, but deep enough to be much more difficult to really master. You can do amazing things with it without "mastering" it. It's a really quick and easy to use 3D modeller, unlike most other 3D modellers, which tend to be fairly complex to use.

The free version is almost exactly like the pay version. I leeched the pay one and tried it just to see. Couldn't tell the difference from the free. I guess there's some little features it has over the free one, but none of them were useful to me.

Looks really nice. :)

Hi Bill,

Any particular reason why you called your kits JuneBug, Silverfish and Ladybug...? :D

Well about 2 yrs ago the site was a kit zoo :)

As for Sketchup the free version is very useful. You can't do everything you can with the pro but it's more than enough for robot designs.

I keep the first letter different for all the kits and try to rhyme them with the function (cept the Junebug)

After I design 26 kits I'm not sure what's next.

Last edited:
The very popular Arduino has quite a following, it's basically a modern BASIC Stamp type device, it programs with a language similar to Wiring (sort of looks like C). You don't need a programmer as it uses a built in bootloader. Some versions are USB others are RS232.
Arduino - HomePage
The Junebug is part PICkit2 and part 18F Tutor. Unlike the Arduino it can also be used as a general purpose PIC programmer / debugger for most Flash based PICs (I don't think the Arduino offers a hardware debugger, I don't own or use one so I can't say)
The Junebug also does not limit you to what language you wish to use, you can program in ASM, BASIC, C, JAL etc... Most PIC compilers have demo versions available and the Junebug stays current as it uses the same firmware and automatic updates as the PICkit2.

but is your junebug open sourse and does is work with linux? can i connent it to a breadboard easily

but is your junebug open sourse and does is work with linux? can i connent it to a breadboard easily

All a typical PIC needs is a decoupling cap and the ICD connector is pretty straight forward. You can plug a DIP IC directly into solderless breadboard.
**broken link removed**
A powerful dsPIC30F3013 PIC on a solderless breadboard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back