Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Jeeperz: Room exploring robot pt 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Souper man

This is a continued thread that has the final ideas I am going to use:

Infrared will not use the GPxxx ranger
Ultrasonic will not use parallax's ping)))

I can use either a microcontroller, or analog/digital components. a suggestion is welcome for each, because I need a idea. Please help!!!

The mcu's are the way to go, and from what I've seen you've been getting plenty of support from forum members up the steep learning curve of mcu's. Persevere - I think you and I are in the same place on mcu's- and as long as you commit to it, success is inevitable. I think it's obvious to the majority of forum members here that you have plenty of enthusiasm for the field of robotics. So you didn't get it the first time, so what? Keep your energy up and try again. You can't throw your arms up in despair over any obstacle, no matter how large or small. Aim for success, but be prepared to fail - it's an inevitable part of doing anything. My first PIC's are in the mail, and I'm planning on at least getting my head around some simple programming between now and the end of summer. There was this cheezy movie once with Anthony Hopkins and one of the Baldwin brothers, but I remembered a line Hopkins used that went (I'm probably paraphrasing), "What one man can do, any man can do." I told you what I'm going to do - what makes what you can do any different?

That said, what are your reasons for excluding the sensors you've mentioned?

Last edited:
Thanks! that makes me feel better about my MCU progress so far.

I was looking through some of my catalogues and I found a IR receiver module. the MFG. number---> Osram SFH 5110-40IR

Google for PIC tutorial, beginner, or first project. You should get thousands of hits. One of them will walk you through it. I started with AVR back in December. The one thing that caused problems at first, was the programmer didn't come with any cables, jumpers, or documentation. The only documentation was in a .CHM file, which my computer wasn't reading. Eventually built the jumper cables, got Windows fixed, and had an LED flashing in minutes. Have you tried the FAQs at microchip.com? They should be on top of all the install problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back