Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Isotera zombie is still around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcmtech

Banned
Most Helpful Member
Well I got this in an PM so I guess the zombie is still kicking.

Sent to me from Deadsheriff who has zero posts at the moment. Anyone want to take a guess at his affiliation?

HFAC is used by the space-station, aircraft, rockets, satellites and a lot more critical device applications. It is used because apart from NOT being a frequency BEST suited to effect myocardial damage such as 50Hz, it runs just so much more efficiently to do just so much more. This includes reducing the size of compressor motors in fridges/aircon, makes smaller power supplies from battery chargers thru TVs and microwaves in your home to the redundancy you might need for an electric car charger/de-ioniser. It is also more suitable for inverters off solar arrays - because at high frequencies you can use pure sinewave resonant generation - too much chunky iron at 50Hz so it is normally piecewise synthesis noisy and inefficient.
Osram picked Isotera up to set off trying to market it ...but if the standards people make HFAC the domestic power distribution standard - wow for those poor silly Isotera shareholders. Its not just about connecting up dumb lighting - after all Isotera STILL need to regulate down/up for their LED arrays....others such as below DONT...they use resonant regulation - as long as something is regulated the "head" will only supply just so much power before it ISNT resonating. They regulate by POWER limitation, after all the Vfrwd voltage is "clamped" so they get "current" regulation and a lot more such as 50% of the LEDs fail and they keep running - parallel columns notwithstanding !
SO ....check this out - you are all aware we are running out of EM bandwidth ...right ?
I found this little gem on Utube by accident ....I followed the accidentally left link before it was made "private" ...it is a bonafide system being employed by one of the biggest buildings in Sydney...truly new stuff. For example if we double EM data throughput we have to square the cell tower density - scary costs here !! Whereas there is 10,000 times more bandwidth in the optical spectrum than ALL the EM bandwidth we have used to date ...yikes..since Marconi !!.
I am here because I googled for Isotera ! And got worried by all the vitriol - poor ol Flyback ! Here is a helping hand mate ....
It will soon be publicized I am told....BUT it has absolutely ZERO switching semicon in its deployment.....so if the 1KW redundant sync'd HFAC supplies trundle on, reporting to the IoT space if one goes down to stimulate remedial action by you techies (or the lady at the front desk can do a hot plugin), there isn't many things that can go wrong .....AND the Internet services industry will get turned upside down methinks - so much data bandwidth at such a low M2M level ...wherefore the average ISP business ???
So don't cry for Osram - or those Isotera shareholders ....they be looking pretty to my mind...unfortunately I am NOT one, only found out about them a month or so back.

Got the same thing in my mailbox. Isotera feels like it's got an expensive / complex solution to a problem that nobody has.

Googled Isotera again and seems nothing has changed since I last looked their way. Still appears to be zero sales, installs, reviews; plus they never got back to me about an evaluation unit.

Yea but if we put our heads together and really squint our eyes while imagining the most unrealistically implausible reasons it could just maybe have a barely practical application for an unnecessarily lame everyday application. :p

Personally I would almost bet dollars to isotera lamps that the 'Deadsherriff' is either a troll account of a certain someone else with a isotera fetish or has connections to him.:rolleyes:

People with a zero post count that send me emails like this tend to fit that profile set. :troll:

hey c'mon lads, lets be a little scientific, but I will back out if you havent anything intelligent to add. This peacemaker lives a LONG way from sunny Isotera land, but I have done designs using multiple inverters sync'd to an HFAC bus, and I was surprised that such a lot of literature was around that both supports the proposition for an HFAC bus power distribution and details their use in the military, in aircraft - and the space station....check it out on many sites 20KHz and a LOT of kwatts.
AND to give you a little nationalistic pride, many were designed in Europe, but I doubt it was either of my interlocutors as commenting above. Those designers didnt have any problems suggesting many KW even MW could be used more efficiently at these frequencies.
I dont know where in the electronics professional firmament you guys are situated, but I would be happy to answer any questions on the lighting stuff - if you managed to see the video's ???
Here is a question to start your imaginations re-adjusting.
If we have a humungous BW down low among the M2M (curtesy of Opt. comms) what happens to the internet services industry ? We have the cloud above and an M2M land with wifi attached to every modem getting onto fibre in every house/factory. My bet is that ISP's sort of morph into the ether, this basically effects the femtocellular world considered essential to remove the pressure on the EM spectrum.
Generally there were a lot of misconceptions aimed at the guy you seemed to have identified as an Isotera employee. I am not being critical but balanced lines dont radiate EMC if the current one way equals the phase and amps on the return wire - it all cancels out.
The query I have of Isotera who may have been inspired by the engineering and publication of the "news' on HFAC i sthey dont hav e balanced lines as far as I can see...so maybe I can ask ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back