Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there ASM to HEX online converter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aljamri

I switched from ASM to C couple of years ago, but know inforced to go back to Assembly because I want to do NG analog tutorial.

My question is: Is there ASM to HIX online converter ? ( to avoide 90MB space for MPLab )

Or is there any other lower capacity ASM to HIX converter to download and install?

Thank you.

Last edited:
:eek: YES, soooory Hex file :eek:

Moderator: Fixed the title for you

Last edited by a moderator:
This is impossible... as ASM is code and needs to be assembled into binary / hexadecimal with a suitable assembler.. for microchip you can use MPASM Suite. Its free to use (you dont need the full IDE)... This is only 8.9 meg.

This isn't installable you will need to add the paths to your environment settings.

Attachments

• MPASM Suite.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 2,935
Last edited:
do you mean that this is the only file required to convert Asm. files into Hex. files ? !

I've dowloded it in my PC, I'll unzip it and try one of the files

Thank you I.R.

do you mean that this is the only file required to convert Asm. files into Hex. files ? !

I've dowloded it in my PC, I'll unzip it and try one of the files

Thank you I.R.

hi aljamri,
If you post your asm file I will assemble and create the hex file for you and post it.

hi aljamri,
If you post your asm file I will assemble and create the hex file for you and post it.

Mr. Eric, You are real gentleman, I'm using NG tutorial No 11 but I'll do some minor changes as I'm using 16F876A instead of 16F876.

Thanks for all.

Here are the files.

Thank you

Edit: It is my bed time, see you tomorrow :rolleyes: .

Attachments

• AnalogTut.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 531
Last edited:
Here you the Hex for all them

Attachments

• AnalogTut Hex.zip
    125.1 KB · Views: 618
Do you know how to do command line assembly?.

If it is different assembly than what is been used for PIC programming, I'm not aware. But if you mean the program I want to convert, I'll use NG tutorial, they are in assembly.

If you don't, then use MPASMWIN. It does create a log file so you can correct errors.
I unzipped the file att.1, and double clicked MPASMWIN ( the red icon ) and got att.2. Put the PIC16F876A in it and selected the first tutorial .asm file and got a cascade of warnings. I collected all of them in att. 3.

Thank you

Attachments

• MP1.GIF
    MP1.GIF
    8.2 KB · Views: 683
  • MP2.GIF
    MP2.GIF
    36.1 KB · Views: 1,458
  • MP3.GIF
    MP3.GIF
    41.3 KB · Views: 753
I guess I wasted my time I assemble all of them for you and posted it at post 12

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Put MPASM at C:\MPASM and the files you want to assemble C:\ myfiles and it should work

Here are the files.

Thank you
Edit: It is my bed time, see you tomorrow :rolleyes: .

hi aljamri,
Do you still require me to assemble those files and post the hex file.
Its seems all of a sudden my peers are interested in creating the hex files for you..:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I guess I wasted my time I assemble all of them for you and posted it at post 12

Not at all, Thank you, I'm very sorry for all of you. I attended my thread in my breaks ( I'm on duty ) so that I'm not answering promptly.

Thanks again

EDIT: Sorry folks, I'm a bit slow, give me some time to try and tell you the results of all your suggestions.

ERIC, Thank you, be80be has coverted them for me, but don't fade away I'll need your help soon :)

Last edited:
IIRC, the errors you are seeing in the attached images from MPASMWIN (attachment 3) are due to a path exceeding 60-something characters and/or spaces in the path.

This is typical of using files in a folder on your desktop, which is within the folder tree "C:\Documents and settings" and that is why you see { Error in parameter "and" } along with the other errors in the whole path, along with { Unrecognised error: 32 }

As Burt recommends, put your project files folder closer to root and don't use any spaces in the path, use an underscore instead, e.g.
C:\My_Projects\tut11_2.asm

You don't need to move MPASMWIN....

Put MPASM at C:\MPASM and the files you want to assemble C:\ myfiles and it should work

Or do what I said and put MPASMWIN in your path (enviroment settings)

IIRC, the errors you are seeing in the attached images from MPASMWIN (attachment 3) are due to a path exceeding 60-something characters and/or spaces in the path.

be80be, Ian Rogers ,Mickster ,

I think all of you meant the same thing but in different words.
I put the program and my file on the same drive and same directory which shorten the path and the result is in the attachment.

Special thanks to Eric for his continuous interest in all ETO threads.

Attachments

• MP4.GIF
    MP4.GIF
    19.7 KB · Views: 880
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back