Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is the forum gettin less civil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on now... you got bested by me on that Xvestite comment... that was some snappy thinking on my part. You do realize I was kidding? Note the ;):D I placed at the end.

And speaking of civil -- well sort of -- I see my "Question of the Day" thread got launched into cyber-space. What was wrong with that thread? We can't discuss the banning of a member?

sir i m 2nd yr student i need sum fissible , innovative and simple project for my current academic yr......plzz help me out over dis ....i need all possible help

It is often difficult to respond to post like above after falling to the floor reeling in pain as my top incisor cuts into my bottom lip.

It is often difficult to respond to post like above after falling to the floor reeling in pain as my top incisor cuts into my bottom lip.

*Bites back of hand to refrain from re-suggesting previous link from aforementioned thread*

**broken link removed**

:D

I'm Really new here but compared to other zForums I have seen and used this is amazinglywell behaved and polite, the only issue I would mention is the terrible spelling such as: Cn U hlp Me Plz I hve a prob?
and so on and so forth.
Mayb I'm just a nit picker but it makes things hard onthe eyes when reading and demonstrates what I feel is a lack of care for what you are saying or for the readers.
Of course those for whom english is not thier first language or yonger members exceptions might be made but seriously.
Is this reasonable:
wat up cn sum1 hlp me?
Don't think so.

Hi Mercur,

especially for forum members whose native languge is not English it is sometimes extremely difficult to decipher the meaning of such sentences. I guess it just sloppiness making people write SMS-style or may be ignorance?

It took me some time thinking about this sentence, not in this forum, but on another occasion: "C u l8er". Even if it is abbreviated to maximum possible it's wrong language anyway. I've learned "later" is not written with "eigh".

Or was there a change in spelling English which I didn't catch?

Kind regards

Hans

Last edited:
You are right it is often laziness or sometimes for those who use SMS alot an accident, in the post you quoted I noticed some errors; these were due to typing in the dark.
The ones that really get to me are those were people write huge swathes of text in SMS style, on the subject of those who do not have english as their native tongue, a simple PM asking for clarification or simplification just a PM would be useful that way the poster can quietly explain things without using a post and removing any potential embarrasment.

Mercur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back