Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Inverter] Design of passive filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom911

Hello,

I'm currently at the final stage of simple inverter design (a coursework) which consists of PWM, 6 mosfets and 3-phase purely resistive load.

As far as I understood everything to this point I can't really fully understand the harmonics and filtering therefore I will give you my opinion and you could hopefully give me feedback:

- Use a Low pass filter [RLC or RC] (Switching frequency is 21(sampling frequency)*50(fundamental frequency) = 1050Hz) to filter the harmonic content in output waveform.

And a questions:
*Would you be able to provide a really good background reading on basic filter calculations and Harmonics ?

hi Tom,
This SMPS Ref manual is a good source of info.

Attachments

• SMPSRM-D.PDF
    804.5 KB · Views: 284
Thanks for replays however the issue has not been solved.

The problem with the design is that I've been given an output characteristics only which is 2A/100Vrms/50Hz output. With those values I can't design a RC filter with the knowledge I currently have, the fact that harmonics and filtering have been poorly explained and are my weakest subject in all electrical fields, makes every chapter I read even more confusing.

Would be able to provide with an example of how to solve such design characteristics ?
Should I simulate my design first ?

Thanks,
Tom

Google for 'filter design tutorial'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back