Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

invert TTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

hani_a

The UART i'm using outputs TTL. How do I get to output invert TTL?
is it enough to flip the data bits, or do i also have to invert the start and stop bits as well?

hani_a said:
The UART i'm using outputs TTL. How do I get to output invert TTL?
is it enough to flip the data bits, or do i also have to invert the start and stop bits as well?

Generally (and certainly on PIC's) you have to provide a hardware inverter if using a UART - you can't invert it in software. You don't mention what you are using, or what you want to do, there may well be a software solution - but not usually when using a hardware UART.

I'm using ATMEGA16. It provides me with code to transmit and receive data via the USART. Do you know why it's so difficult to find an invert-TTL device? I mean, I've been looking for an RS232 to invert TTL conversion device on the internet and I can't find anything.

Thanks!
Hani A.

hani_a said:
I'm using ATMEGA16. It provides me with code to transmit and receive data via the USART. Do you know why it's so difficult to find an invert-TTL device? I mean, I've been looking for an RS232 to invert TTL conversion device on the internet and I can't find anything.

I'm not very sure what you are after, but a MAX232 converts between 5V and RS232 levels, AND inverts the signal. Are you wanting to feed to an RS232 port?. The hardware USART in a PIC is designed to be used with a MAX232 (or similar), presumably your processor is the same?.

Yes, It's the same on atmega's. Do a google search for MAX232. It should work, plenty of scematics on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back