Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

internet high usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpj111

Hi all,

I have a problem with my broadband usage. According to my service provider I am uploading huge data from my PC with out my knowledge.
i am watching movies and surfing internet to watch picture etc. But I am not sending any picture or movies to others or not sharing with others. What you think what woud be the reason. Is there any virus program installed to my pc and doing some thing when i am login to internet.

Thank you in advance

Much appreciate your comments.,

If you are watching movies from the internet, then that requires a huge amount of data transmission from the internet to you but, of course, that's downloading. If you are uploading a large amount of data, that could be some type of virus.

You can download port monitor and see what activity is occuring across your network.
Portmon for Windows

You may also want to check for malware with something like spybot.

Wow, how low is your total upload capacity? Because I upload 50K/s almost 12 hours a day every day (which works to about 2GB per day) AND play online games and have never gotten any such warning.

Last edited:
dk, you better pray to god almighty that your cable (or DSL) company doesn't institute bandwidth limits. Time Warner was going to try it in Rochester (where I live) they've been 'testing' it in Texas, the bandwidth limits were so low that even most regular gamers and people that watch vids movies online would be paying 150 dollars a month to get the bandwidth you needed. There was such a public uproar when it was announced and some politicians got involved that they decided against it, but it may happen at some point anyways. It's brutally rapeing the consumer. They orginally tried to justify it to cover the cost of the traffic, except the numbers don't work out, they're basically just trying to jack the prices up and get away with it. Hopefully the FCC will step in at some point.

For your edification =)
https://stopthecap.com/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back