Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing blurtooth dongle with avr micro-controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

k_ishan

Hello,
i am doing a project on image transmission from any machine or robot to the laptop by using bluetooth.
i have heard of many blurtooth tranciever modules.but they are very costly......
bu8t the bluetooth dongles used for pc's are very cheap ...
so i was thinking of interfacing blutooth dongle with micri-controllers like avr...
can anyone please suggest me regarding this interfacing?????

i get these off ebay Wireless Bluetooth Transceiver Module RS232 fo only 15$ which run on TX & RX

i get these off ebay Wireless Bluetooth Transceiver Module RS232 fo only 15$ which run on TX & RX
thanx...
but i was thinking about interfacing of bluetooth dongle with microcontroller........bluetooth dongle costs about only 2$.......thus if we get the method of interfacing of this dongle usb with uc....then this will be much more cheaper........

thanx...
but i was thinking about interfacing of bluetooth dongle with microcontroller........bluetooth dongle costs about only 2$.......thus if we get the method of interfacing of this dongle usb with uc....then this will be much more cheaper........

And MASSIVELY more complicated, but feel free to try - for a start you need a micro-controller that does USB host.

i found something called V-USB(virtual-USB) on net........
will this work ??
check out this link....
https://www.obdev.at/products/vusb/index.html

I wouldn't have thought so, presumably it's only USB slave.

I would suggest that if you really want to try and do this, you first do it on the PC writing everything from scratch, including the drivers.

I wouldn't have thought so, presumably it's only USB slave.

I would suggest that if you really want to try and do this, you first do it on the PC writing everything from scratch, including the drivers.
what do u mean by "do it on PC".??
will you please elaborate??

what do u mean by "do it on PC".??
will you please elaborate??
Plug the Bluetooth module in your PC, don't let it load any drivers or anything - then write all the drivers for the PC, and the software for what you're wanting to do. Then find an AVR that does USB host, and port your PC drivers and programs to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back