Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstechca

It seems that my code on the at89c2051 chip is working ok, but I have one concern.

When I tested the code with a ridiculously slow clock, :lol: I can see what is happening with it.

It seems that everything is working fine until the code is finished. Once the code is finished, it appears that the system goes into a state where all outputs are tristated? (not 100% off and not 100% on). I have not programmed anything in the higher addresses before.

Why does it do this?

Doesn't the rest of the flash memory contain code equivalent to ascii 0? Ascii 0 means NOP in 8051 language. And if a NOP occurs, nothing should happen right?

I didn't place code in my program that would clear every output.

Maybe it is an internal thing I don't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back