Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"instant" boot, with graphics and UART , microcontroller??

Status
Not open for further replies.

settra

Hello forum!
first of: i have basic understanding of embeded proccecors and Development boards. (some lessons in the university). Also i have "large" knowledge on FPGA's.

So what i wanna do is this:
I have an arduino-based diagnostic module , on a car, that collects info from sensors, and sends it via USB.

I want to build and instrument cluster, based on an LCD monitor, that receives this data, and displays it with 2D graphics.
I can easily do this using linux or a windows board... But i would like to be able , to have as little boot time , as possible.
for that reason, i was wandering , if you can point me to any development board/projects that support / have docomuntation on
bare bone programming with graphics...

is this anyway possible?? thanks!

You could do this very simply with most 32bit micro's..... There is a shield (RGB monitor output ) that connects to most Arduino compatible boards... I was toying with the maximite colour this will do quite a bit..

The maximite boots directly from a ram drive, so it's instant.... I did a small review here...

nice! this could certainly do the trick! but the monitor i am planing on using, is 12.3" inch ultra wide... 1280x480 pixels... :/
so i think the resolution provided by that module is not enough??

also, some time in the future i will get my hands on a same model, but HD resolution... so i guess then i would have to look on something with DVI output...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back