Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Insert Symbol (symbol characters) Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

crutschow

Most Helpful Member
AAC has an Insert Symbol icon (below) that brings up a symbol characters table.
Would it be possible to add that to this site?

1615300081170.png

Or possibly treating asc files as image files on forum, as I suggested some time back:

An easy way to get special symbols is to create a text document with the desired symbols, and copy/paste to add a symbol here.

All those workarounds are fine but it is certainly still easier just to have the symbols available on the thread taskbar.
Or is that too much to ask?

When I do alt 324 I get D not pi!!!! What font do you need to select. In fact, what is the default font here?

Mike.

When I do alt 324 I get D not pi!!!! What font do you need to select. In fact, what is the default font here?
Same here, two different PCs, Win 7 & Win 10 - and no different if I try it in eg. Word rather than Chrome.

I believe you must use the separate numeric key pad to type in an ALT code. So it doesn't work on a laptop or phone.

Again, they do not work for me - about half the ones I tried from the table give different results to what is shown.
234 gives Û
227 gives Ò
(If the characters are not consistent between browsers, those are a capital U with ^ and O with left angled ' accents; probably 219 and 210 in the chart).

All the symbols match, £ @ ' ~ # etc. in the correct places..
And identical on two different PCs.

I get the same results as rjenkinsgb. I have tried three different PCs XP. Windows 7 and Windows 10.
Using the character map works correctly.

Les.

windows said:
To enable the entry of all Unicode characters by code, create a string registry value in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Input Method called EnableHexNumpad with the value of 1. Then you'll be able to enter any character by holding down the right Alt key, pressing the + button on the numeric keypad, entering the hex code (2, 7, 1, 3 in your case), and releasing the Alt key. You may need to log off and back on before this input type is enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back