Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

image recognition system/software

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloody-orc

Hi there. i'm trying to do some image recognition (look at a speciffic object, find the line etc.). i have searced the first 3 pages of google, but came out with the same knollage as i went into the search. also the soft must be free

PS: i'm using a webcam, that doesn't have the best quality... it is in USB, win is XP:SP2 and machine is PC.

didn't find anything useful from there sadly...

any other ideas?

Perhaps a little more explanation as to what you are trying to do would help.

From what you indicated (identify an object, follow a line) pattern recognition is typically the approach taken. You have an image/pattern that you are comparing with the real time images that you are receiving from the camera.

Spiros

i was thinking something that does not include this comaring. i just need to read every 10'th pixel or so and see what colour it is and then do something. as i have spoken to a friend of mine, he sed that he has made one of those. sadly e has discarded this. so i'm searching something similar to this...

OK now showing off googling capabilities :lol: .

Different google search yielded this.

Possibly an overkill using a neural network for what you described ... it has the source code, it's free, something to play around with. There is a discussion of the article at the end of the page :wink: (did not look at the comments in any way).

Someone Electro said:
There is free software if you play as a pirate.

AI AI AI AHOY THERE where's my parrot gone this time :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And where is my BitTorrent clinet. LOL :lol:

Ok enugh fooling around.Anyway over here you rarely see original software for home use.Evryone here uses pirated software.And i never met or heard about anyone that got busted for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back