Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I'm baffled so here's my rant!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdoty

I'm baffled by the "posting-Nazi's"...I submitted two posts with very logical questions, one of which was posted and I got a response. I then followed up with another question and now they are both apparently pulled because I'm a "very new member and have under 3 posts". What kind of requirement is that? So if I post 4 posts I'm okay and now just a "new member" or maybe even elevated to "authorized member" or "full-fleged member" or "senior member"?...that would apply since I'm over 65.

Also, where is the "moderation queue" and can I access it to see if my missing posts are there? And how long do they reside in this mysterious "moderation queue"? I'm aware that there are jerks out there that screw with these forums but this is the first "moderation queue" I've encountered. Are you guys just super paranoid or is there really someone watching you??

I didn't post these questions because I might want an answer some day...they were posted because I need an answer NOW!

And, is there some way that I can go directly to my posts? I can't always get back within 24 hours and it's a real pain in the you-know-what to have to search through two and three days of posts (could even stretch into a week with my schedule!!)

On the bright side I look forward to the day when I'm no longer a "very new member" and can actually benefit from the wisdom and experience of those who have been elevated to a more worthy status.

You appear to have three post by August last year and so should be free of restrictions. Are you saying you are still restricted?

Mike.

I'm baffled by the "posting-Nazi's"...I submitted two posts with very logical questions, one of which was posted and I got a response. I then followed up with another question and now they are both apparently pulled because I'm a "very new member and have under 3 posts". What kind of requirement is that? So if I post 4 posts I'm okay and now just a "new member" or maybe even elevated to "authorized member" or "full-fleged member" or "senior member"?...that would apply since I'm over 65.

Also, where is the "moderation queue" and can I access it to see if my missing posts are there? And how long do they reside in this mysterious "moderation queue"? I'm aware that there are jerks out there that screw with these forums but this is the first "moderation queue" I've encountered. Are you guys just super paranoid or is there really someone watching you??

I didn't post these questions because I might want an answer some day...they were posted because I need an answer NOW!

And, is there some way that I can go directly to my posts? I can't always get back within 24 hours and it's a real pain in the you-know-what to have to search through two and three days of posts (could even stretch into a week with my schedule!!)

On the bright side I look forward to the day when I'm no longer a "very new member" and can actually benefit from the wisdom and experience of those who have been elevated to a more worthy status.

I do apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Please allow me to explain exactly how it works for new members..

Whenever a new member (with less than 4 posts) submits a post it is automatically scanned for links or email addresses and if any are detected the post will be placed into the moderation queue. When a post is in the moderation queue it cannot be seen until a moderator approves it manually. This ONLY happens when you have a link or email address it the post contents otherwise it is posted instantly and public.

If we did not have this measure we would get 100's of spam a day, so it actually does work at preventing spammers however, I do understand that it is confusing to new members and am always looking at improving it. I notice that you are now clear of the restriction and your posts will always show up instantly.

EDIT: forgot to mention turn on "Instant email notifications" in your options to be emailed as soon as you get a reply on your post :)

Regards,
EM

Last edited:
Not only does wisdom come with age and experience but also a sharply honed irascible and cantankerous nature which can be easily be overlooked because of age. That said I still don't understand the following(since I had no links or email addresses within my queries:

This ONLY happens when you have a link or email address it the post contents otherwise it is posted instantly and public.

Anyway, thanks for elevating me to an un-restricted status.....dare I say "senior".:)

WHOOOOOA!!! I just noticed something that isn't correct. Neither of my two posts shows up in my "View Forum Posts" but the post "357 OPERATED LED" is not mine. How can that happen???

The post "357 operated LED" is not mine but it has shown up in my box. Neither of my original two posts show up. Somehow something on your end is not right.

The post "357 operated LED" is not mine but it has shown up in my box. Neither of my original two posts show up. Somehow something on your end is not right.

We haven't had any reports of this problem with other members that I'm aware of which make it hard to pin point the problem with the software.. If you make any further posts and they don't show up please let us know. Please feel free to re-post your two posts that have not shown up.

Regards,
EM

Please also be advised that "Nazi" references should not be used on this forum.

Not as a label for the Admin/Moderators, or even any of the members.

Some members have been served infractions and even bans for usage of the term in the past.......

In fact, shouldn't "What's good for the goose...." apply here?

Serve him an infraction, even before he has a chance to become a potentially valuable contributor......?

We seem to have skipped past it though......without even a mention....

Last edited:
I'm very surprised that he got away with using the word.

I was banned for a month for doing that.

I suppose it's one rule for me and a different rule for others. :(

To be honest, the fact is so simple!

As a well experienced member who is supposed to be knowing 'what exactly to do' or 'what shouldn't do' -then using that terminology will get an easy catch.

If the prime minister of England farts in between a group of conversation it'll be a news for the media. Nobody will mind if you do the same thing. That is the difference.

I suppose I see your point but still a month's ban and I was merely quoting someone else, it wasn't even like it was my words.

Besides the original poster didn't even get as much as a warning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back