Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Im a newbie (need some help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnakanth

Im a complete newbie to microcontrollers can you guys suggest me any good books or websites where i can make a start from .

:idea:

what kind of microcontrollers will you use?

most of them has the same philosophy, ports, interrupts, serial comm, etc, what it is important first is to know the capabilities of the micro you will work with, then learn the instrucction set, and have the datasheet at hand of the micro when you are programming.
Go to the page, of the manufacturer, and look for forum.

probably here you can find a lot of info, and the simpliest uC is 16X84
Nigel has a site where you can find out information about microcontrollers, too.

I have 4 days programming pics, this my first program. I am using the 16F870, MPLAB v6.xx as IDE from microchip.

c u

thanks a lot

i think those have almost all the basics i needed thanks for those links .

Find the exact microcontroller you want to learn, and start googling it. there's tons of free information out there, just takes a little bit of time and patience to find it, and learn it. Most people here seem to prefer PICs... I prefer Atmel AVR's myself, but that's just a personal preference.

more importantly though, i just made the 10,000th post in the micro controllers forum. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back