Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i m interested to make a dual sim for my mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileman

hi my dear friends,

well i m new here on this forum.
well here is so interesting.

well pls be kind to guide me.

i m trying to make a dual sim holder for my mobile(GSM).

if some one can guide me with digram,pls be kind to respond.

thanks in advance

wt lov

I think it will be difficult to modify your phone to use multiple SIM cards. I don't think a phone designed for one would have a clue about how to switch between the two SIM cards. What are you actually trying to accomplish?

here is what i am exactly looking to accomplish

Papabravo said:
I think it will be difficult to modify your phone to use multiple SIM cards. I don't think a phone designed for one would have a clue about how to switch between the two SIM cards. What are you actually trying to accomplish?

hi dear,

well really thanks for the reply.

i dont want to modify on my mobile. bt i seen in a phone,he attached a sim like thing with a ling flat wite wh contain two sim hoders. we have to put two sims on this holder.and on the phone,we have to pu the sim like thing.

so we can use on connection at a time.bt whn putting off the mobile,and again on,the second card will work.

now i am thinking that,u r understood regarding what i am looking for.

psl be kind to help the known.

thanking u in advance

So let me see if I understand. You saw a phone which had some long wires to a SIM card holder that held two SIM cards. Each time you cycle power on the phone you get the other SIM card? Is that right?

How that's done is beyond my understanding. I don't know how you remember which card was last used when the power goes off.

I guess I also don't understand why anyone would want to do this.

The biggest problem here is SIZE - SIZE does matter!.

Seeing as you can already buy such devices, freely available from hundreds of mobile phone shops, why not just buy one? - they aren't expensive, and I doubt it would be easy to make something that small.

For an example, this was the top entry in a UK google search:
https://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/dualsim/dualsimcovers.htm

yeah, i have seen this also. it is a quite cheap sim devider. my friend has used this device. he was using nokia phone for that. when he wanted to switch to the other sim, simply press *3370# or *4720# i don't know whether other brand can make that.
*the worst, u will loss the called number, received number, missed call (all the call register) once u switch to the other sim card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back