Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I beated two kids and i feel awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you alphacat, they needed their asses kicking - many 13 year olds are pretty big (bigger than me), and as a fellow car lover and owner I'd kick anyones ass for throwing stones at mine. If they were kids I knew I'd also drag them back round to their parents so they could kick their ass as well.

I'm with you alphacat, they needed their asses kicking - many 13 year olds are pretty big (bigger than me), and as a fellow car lover and owner I'd kick anyones ass for throwing stones at mine. If they were kids I knew I'd also drag them back round to their parents so they could kick their ass as well.

I'm with you on this Nigel.

Now let's go kick those buggers ass that stole all that money putting the world economy at risk.:D

//Laughing aside.//

Mikebits said:
An eye for a eye does not apply to children as adults should have the wisdom and foresight to make the right decision. It is the adult that must make the right choice and act accordingly, to stoop to a childlike level only demonstrates childlike behavior by the adult and perhaps this person has much growing up to do.

My Dad knows me and would have just sided with the victim. Even if I were to say I didn't do it he knows if I'm not telling the truth.

Then he would kick my ass in front of that person for personally embarrassing him and putting shame on my family.

kv:)

Thanks for the support guys.
I surely learned that next time i'll be more restrained and will not get into this situation.
I'm more relaxed now after feeding my cats and knowing they're ok.

I just dropped my car over to a garage worker who lives a block from here, and he told me that one of these kids lives in his block and that this kid's known as a touble maker.
That made me feel a little better even though I could tell right from the start that these kids were looking for troubles, I just gave them one more reason but I learned my mistake.

Last edited:
If they're known trouble makers there's less chance that you'll get into trouble. Hopefully they're also from a single parent family and also don't have any older brothers.

Weaker people often think they have the advantage because society will support them if they're beaten up. Some women beat their husbands who won't heat back for fear of being labelled as a wife beater. I don't hit women but if one hits me and it's obvious that she'll hit me again harder, I'll make sure she doesn't hit me again.

I don't hit women but if one hits me and it's obvious that she'll hit me again harder, I'll make sure she doesn't hit me again.

I've trained with women, taught women up to black belt, graded them at black belt, I've no qualms about hitting a woman :D

Martial arts is about training reflexes, reflexes shouldn't be concerned who (or what) an opponent is.

Look at this link for another attack today.

**broken link removed**

Another guy who fell asleep in the park last week, woke up in hospital, he had been kicked in the head.

Last edited:
There's a woman in Jujitsu club I attend, she's much better than me. Some Jujitsu clubs even have more female memebers than male.

Of course jujitsu is different.:D

There's a woman in Jujitsu club I attend, she's much better than me. Some Jujitsu clubs even have more female memebers than male.

Of course jujitsu is different.:D

I like that still good stuff.

Get down to the nitty gritty. No fluff and puff.

kv

For some reason when I read this I thought of Chuck Norris lol.

Have you still got that camcorder your cat pi**ed on?

Martial arts is ok at times, but no match for my 109lb Schutzhund II Shepherd, nor my 6000lb truck, nor the business end of my .45cal, my hickory stick, or my fist. If none of those are effective, I resort to my 4lb. poodle .... he lifts a mean leg on your shoe! :D

**broken link removed**

Martial arts is ok at times, but no match for my 109lb Schutzhund II Shepherd, nor my 6000lb truck, nor the business end of my .45cal, my hickory stick, or my fist. If none of those are effective, I resort to my 4lb. poodle .... he lifts a mean leg on your shoe! :D

**broken link removed**

MY next door neighbour used to have a killer Chiuaua, it was the nastiest dog you've ever seen, it went for absolutely everybody, it was sent to obedience classes, but got expelled! - I always wondered if it was because our cats teased it :D

You know the problem here?

Do-gooders.

Those are the people, armed with a complete lack of foresight, who have reduced whole communities to individual units in fear of disciplining their own offspring, lest they end up in court for 'abuse'.

The case used to be that when you were seen misbehaving and the news soon got back to your parents, you were dealt with appropriately. Or worse...you went running home reporting that you'd got a slap from a teacher or neighbourhood adult, then got another one.

Why?

Because you most-likely deserved it!! If you got a slap from someone well known to your family, you were obviously up to no good. I got quite a few in the past and was definitely up to no good at the time. I got a couple from the teachers at school and guess what....I was up to no good.

Would I have liked to have had it differently?

At the time, probably yes because it made a dent in my pride and my pant rear, but I can sit here now and honestly write that if I had not been checked at that time, my understanding of what is morally and socially acceptable behaviour would be much different from what it is now.

The do-gooders stepped into the arena when high-profile cases of abuse (over-extreme and unrelenting punishment) toward children began to get attention from the media and communities alike. Granted, the above situations have no place in any civilised society, but in the majority of scenarios where family discipline is administered in a strict and loving environment, where the line is drawn and the consequences are laid out, there is no abuse.

The do-gooders muddied the parenting waters and decreed that all smacking is a form of abuse and that "talking" should be the answer. My parents could have "talked" until they were blue in the face and I wouldn't have taken a blind bit of notice. I would have likely just carried on regardless, knowing that a "No, you shouldn't do that" would probably be followed by the same, or a "Stop that! You know it's wrong." etc...

And the reaction? "Sure, I know it's wrong, but what are you going to do about it.....talk to me some more?"

The short-sharp-shock (smack on the arse) is the key. Not just a gentle talking to...

If he hit you with a piece of timber, he deserved a punch, at 13. Because if that kid thinks he can get away with doing that, next time he will do it again or worse. So you shouldn't feel one bit sorry.

That said, the law is another matter. But if he hit you with that, you could argue a one-two was reasonable force to deal with the threat.

Last edited:
You know the problem here?

Do-gooders.

Those are the people, armed with a complete lack of foresight, who have reduced whole communities to individual units in fear of disciplining their own offspring, lest they end up in court for 'abuse'.

The case used to be that when you were seen misbehaving and the news soon got back to your parents, you were dealt with appropriately. Or worse...you went running home reporting that you'd got a slap from a teacher or neighbourhood adult, then got another one.

Why?

Because you most-likely deserved it!! If you got a slap from someone well known to your family, you were obviously up to no good. I got quite a few in the past and was definitely up to no good at the time. I got a couple from the teachers at school and guess what....I was up to no good.

Would I have liked to have had it differently?

At the time, probably yes because it made a dent in my pride and my pant rear, but I can sit here now and honestly write that if I had not been checked at that time, my understanding of what is morally and socially acceptable behaviour would be much different from what it is now.

The do-gooders stepped into the arena when high-profile cases of abuse (over-extreme and unrelenting punishment) toward children began to get attention from the media and communities alike. Granted, the above situations have no place in any civilised society, but in the majority of scenarios where family discipline is administered in a strict and loving environment, where the line is drawn and the consequences are laid out, there is no abuse.

The do-gooders muddied the parenting waters and decreed that all smacking is a form of abuse and that "talking" should be the answer. My parents could have "talked" until they were blue in the face and I wouldn't have taken a blind bit of notice. I would have likely just carried on regardless, knowing that a "No, you shouldn't do that" would probably be followed by the same, or a "Stop that! You know it's wrong." etc...

And the reaction? "Sure, I know it's wrong, but what are you going to do about it.....talk to me some more?"

The short-sharp-shock (smack on the arse) is the key. Not just a gentle talking to...

You mention a complete lack of foresight yet at the same time you have grouped people into such a narrow end of the spectrum.

From your description, we have do-gooders and I guess the antonym would have to be not-do-gooders.

I think the extremist approach to things are not healthy for a society whether it be the leftist side or the right.

Let's ponder on that "foresight" comment for a moment, and consider what may be found if we diverge from either extreme and take a middle road approach. I should think this path is more accommodating than the less traveled roads.

Considering that Alpha was twice the size of the youth, there were alternatives to take control of the situation aside from a punch in the face. This is extreme action.

I once did something scornful at the age of thirteen and I was caught, an adult ran after me, detained me and called my father. Believe me, my father dealt with me. The person that called my father never beat me and if he had, my dad would have dealt with him as my dad was a big man.

Last edited:
Considering that Alpha was twice the size of the youth, there were alternatives to take control of the situation aside from a punch in the face. This is extreme action.

As opposed to being hit on the back of the head with a wooden board?

hi Mike,

Considering that there were 3, half sized youths, dosnt that make the yob group bigger than one normal sized adult.

So the odds were stacked against alphacat.????

The fact that one of these yobs hit alphacat with a piece of wood should tell you what level of moron he was dealing with.

If that blow had rendered him unconcious, I would now be dead or in intensive care, as they would have continued their attack.

And again we must consider that we have only heard one side of the story. Perhaps this large timbre was nothing more than a stick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back