Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to drive to DC motor stimulatingly

Status
Not open for further replies.

masoud23

Hi
I want to run 2 DC 24V motor which will run , stop and change direction together.
Can I use only 2 output line from controll unit to do so? I mean two cable first to motor one and then same cables to motor number two. If it is ok to do so, is it the way it should be done?

Tanks in advanse

You make no mention of the current? The type circuit you may want to consider is a H-Bridge circuit to run a motor or motors forward and reverse. However, keep in mind that will not guarantee the same rotational speed of the motors. Additionally keep in mind you really do not want to just instantly go from fwd to rev instantly unless the motor is designed for it.

Ron

If it's concerning about Power, then you can do it. If the power source is capable of running two motors, then you well use same wiring for both the motors. But seek out Reloadron's reply, thats an important fact.
But IMHO, if two motors are identical then that wouldn't be a problem.

Answer is yes, just work our your load values so that it is within proper operating range. So calculate the max current that each motor will receive so you can work out your max rpm, while taking into account load on the axels. Also in order to change from forward to reverse it is best to ramp down the forward drive signal to 0 RPM over a set period of time based on your application then after you start the reverse cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back