Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to drag a wave form so it starts at 0 volts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends on Vbat variation of 20 to 40%, it will be more than 5%

I fly radio controlled model airplanes at the park where my airplanes are chased by hawks and my airplanes chase Canada Geese.
I do not have any but my friend has two jets with ducted fans. One of my airplanes soars in the thermals because it is a glider with an electric motor with a brake and a folding propeller.
My model Pitts is my newest and most manouverable model airplane.

Attachments

• Radian.jpg
    Radian.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 105
  • Pitts3.JPG
    Pitts3.JPG
    519.3 KB · Views: 105
I loved my gentle lady glider soaring with 2m span . Could glide the length of a Canuck football field and back in no wind from a 210 yard toss until a massive sheer gust sent it into a divebomb from 500 ft. After bungie launch but Wings still in tact and detached. Must rebuild the nose and buy new surgical rubber reel.

Dj ... Hard to ignore the price and performance of a little ADJ LDO. i forgot zeners under biased are not stable and test point amplitude varies amplitude with frequency to maintain constant /|/| Vpp when _||__||__and only if Vout pk is fixed and bias current is constant, guaranteed in LDO's.

My fave spot for watching RC jets, planes and hand gliding were the cliffs of Torrey Pines beach & golf course when I used to live in a furnished appt on the beach in PB of SD in Cali. Ahh now that was heavenly.

Last edited:
I built some model airplanes from scratch and some kits when I was young, 55 years ago. 6 years ago I had a heart attack (they fixed me with 2 stents in my heart arteries, I watched) then my son bought me an RC airplane and told me to get well soon. I got well immediately and have been flying ever since. I like the ready to fly airplanes with the 2.4GHz radio system that automatically selects a free channel.

I only built the Black Brand rocket models from scratch and designed Doppler tracking systems for full sized same.
But before this used the flyby strings approach as a kid on glow plug engines with methanol and castrol oil. Then bought a gently used glider with Futaba 4 channel. i may have to resurrect this latent interest. I'd like to implement autopilot controls with servo controlled real-time waypoints and attitude pitch roll speed. I can fly but even the space shuttle, had this for landing, but I wont use their methods.

Audioguru, welcome to the 21st century! For RC, of course ;-)
Tony, all this new RC tech would be like playing for you savvy electronic engineers.

Most of my RC airplanes have 3 axis stability where the airplane corrects for a sudden shift caused by wind or something but it does not affect my control, it will still crash unless I stop it from crashing. The latest trainers have a SAFE button that levels the flight if something bad is about to happen (but a tree or a building in the way will still cause trouble).

Most of my RC airplanes have 3 axis stability where the airplane corrects for a sudden shift caused by wind or something but it does not affect my control, it will still crash unless I stop it from crashing. The latest trainers have a SAFE button that levels the flight if something bad is about to happen (but a tree or a building in the way will still cause trouble).
safe and fly towards home would be better to get in RF range

The range of my radio control is farther than I can see the airplane. One time my airplane was carried by the wind and it flew so far away that I could not see if it was coming or going so I cut the throttle and went to find it somewhere. A person on a bicycle found it and asked me if it was mine. Many people have quadcopters with GPS that returns them to where the flight began (home).

Fly home is the way to go. I would do it with gps waypoints like the garmin I have with cookies to track exact departure path and altitude for flying or hiking in the woods and learn the servo transfer function needed for autopilot like that used in MS Flight (Sim.)

Autopilot may seem lame but it allows more create risks in precision flying moves when one does not have the eye-hand control for remote control. Better is incremental vector and absolute waypoint target control than merely flap control with stabilizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back