Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how dangerous is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once had a rather unpleasant experience launching an aluminum hulled power boat into the sea from a sandy beach.

I was up to my waist in salt water, and my hands and arms were also thoroughly wet with salt water.
For some reason I happened to just reach over into this boat and contacted 12v dc from the battery and received rather a nasty jolt.

It was a complete surprise to me that 12v could ever be capable of doing that.

Until then, I always assumed anything less than about 50v to 80v was pretty harmless.

I believe you and can't say I'm surprised either, try putting a 9V battery on your tongue and you'll feel a tingle.

I don't know about where you live but in the UK the IEE regulations (our electrical code) states that in dry areas connections with voltages lower than 60VDC or 25VAC don't need to be insulated, for "other areas" it's 30VDC or 12VAC, for very wet areas i.e. in a bathroom all electrical connections should be insulated.

no i just have a disposable camera flash charger and instead of one cap i have attached 8.

and i wanted to know how dangerous it was

The danger is inversely proportional to your intelligence and common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back