1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

how can i learn "c language" for avr programming

Discussion in 'AVR' started by kasser, Mar 17, 2007.

1. kasser

kasser New Member

I am beginner , i want to programming of avr microcontrollers with the c lanuage

2. Andy1845c

Andy1845c Active Member

Did you try searching Yahoo or Google? Should be plenty of info out there if you look.

3. 3v0

3v0 Coop Build Coordinator Forum Supporter

If you are new to both micros and programming I suggest you learn to program C first. Once you have a grasp of that then switch to an AVR targeted C.

As Andy said there are many tutorials on the net.

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. Sceadwian

Sceadwian Banned

Just check out general AVR sites. (www.AVRfreaks.net is the best I've run across) Read the stickies there FIRST before asking questions. Their projects section has TON of C code to read (so do the Atmel appnotes) which can help you get a grasp on things. But if you don't know ANY C at all definitely study ANSI C a little first.

http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~lcc-win32/
    Is a freeware 32bit Windows based C compiler very closely based on ANSI C which is a perfect learning language (it's free and there are a lot of examples) however that is for the PC only.