Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with flat earth facts and English language.

Status
Not open for further replies.
that would have to be in the early part of the war in the Pacific, before radar
Not every one had radar.
The battle of the River Plate is an example where Germans miscalculated ship size and distance. Give me a minute and I can find an example where Japan fired on very small ships thinking they were destroyers.
3000 mile path passes through some zone where the laws of physics don't apply
The laws of physics you were tough assumes a round earth of a certain size. If the Earth's size or shape is wrong most of what we know about space is also wrong.
the orbits of planets
If you think the planets orbit the sun then ....... the math works.
If the earth is flat, planets do not orbit the sun, or the earth. They orbit the north pole. (like the sun does)

Went back and played with Eratosthenes today. There are a number of different ways to do this experiment. With a little work the diameter of the Sun is also derived.
View attachment 112549
In 1906 (more or less) Wilbur Glenn Voliva from Zion City IL USA, did the math.
If the world is a 24000 mile diameter flat disk, then the same math puts the Sun at 3000 miles. (Sun is 32 miles across)
View attachment 112550
Another way of thinking about Eratosthenes, look at the shadows of the poles.
View attachment 112551
Another way of thinking about Voliva, look at the shadows of the poles.
View attachment 112552
As I said to the tax man; "given enough math and enough numbers I can prove anything".
I take it the tax man is represented by the pole with no shadow? (or heart)

Just like a:
**broken link removed**
OMG, I was just thinking about that and about to make a quip.

To any flat earth believers out there:
What is the actual motive behind this supposed conspiracy, which suggests that many thousands of research scientists, government agencies and their armies/navies, space agencies and education establishments are all complicit in perpetuating a lie?

I got my mums 40 year old spirograph kit! They are really cool. it might be 50 years old but lets say 30 just in case ;).

OMG, I was just thinking about that and about to make a quip.

To any flat earth believers out there:
What is the actual motive behind this supposed conspiracy, which suggests that many thousands of research scientists, government agencies and their armies/navies, space agencies and education establishments are all complicit in perpetuating a lie?

that's a can of worms you don't want to open, because it keeps getting weirder and weirder from there....

i don't know if i mentioned this in previous posts, but the real rock-bottom (pardon the pun) argument behind the whole flat-earth idea (as well as it's corollaries) is this: "the government lies about everything, so if they say the earth is round, it must be flat"

If the earth is flat, planets do not orbit the sun, or the earth. They orbit the north pole. (like the sun does)
what keeps them vertically oriented from the surface of the earth? are they suspended on wires from a huge tower at the north pole? again, we're looking at a phenomenon where the laws of physics are dismissed.

it's an 8100 mile trip to circumnavigate antarctica in an airplane, yet the flat-earth map distance is over 60,000 miles. so either space and time are somehow bent by some kind of warping of space (maybe the earth is inside a black hole? or there's a black hole at the north pole and the south pole "wall" is the event horizon?). it takes a BIG stretch (again, pun intended) of the imagination to believe that there's some kind of distorted changes in the laws of physics going on here. it gets more convoluted every time a new observation is added to the mix

I still would like to know what they think is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Is there some kind of Utopian dream world just past the huge ice walls of Antarctica, where only those 'in the know' get to visit?
Are there actually many thousands of patrol vessels cruising up and down the seas just off Antarctica, preventing the plebs from reaching there and seeing for themselves?
Are there really no windows on the planes which travel to Antarctica, so that passengers can't see what is beyond the ice walls?
Is 3,900 Km+change from Sydney to Perth by winding roads or approx 3,300 km direct by air, as we have known for years wrong?
Because the flat earth distance is much greater when they lay out the map of the continents...

What keeps the geo-stationary satellites in position?
The 'dome'?

How can these satellites be 28,000 Km above the earth when the sun is only 3,000 Km above?
Surely they must get blocked out by the sun as it traces it's weird path across our horizon...

I wonder if they are going to campaign to have the first 't' made silent in "Planet Earth"
FFS

I still would like to know what they think is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Is there some kind of Utopian dream world just past the huge ice walls of Antarctica, where only those 'in the know' get to visit?
Are there actually many thousands of patrol vessels cruising up and down the seas just off Antarctica, preventing the plebs from reaching there and seeing for themselves?
Are there really no windows on the planes which travel to Antarctica, so that passengers can't see what is beyond the ice walls?
Is 3,900 Km+change from Sydney to Perth by winding roads or approx 3,300 km direct by air, as we have known for years wrong?
Because the flat earth distance is much greater when they lay out the map of the continents...

reminds me of this place...

In some ways i could understand it if they argued it should be tear drop shaped. but flat?? What stomped on it or what did it hit at speed?

How can these satellites be 28,000 Km above the earth when the sun is only 3,000 Km above?
You have been drinking the cool aid from the government. The 28,000 is CIA misinformation.

Surely they must get blocked out by the sun as it traces it's weird path across our horizon...
Maybe the satellites are 28K, that is above the Sun. Because the Sun is 32 miles across it will only block out a satellite about 0.015% of the time. Which is that happens in real life. There for the need for multiple satellites.

What about the questions in post 229?

It is hard to prove, there is no pot of gold at the end of some rainbows.
As to all the other questions: Have you noticed that flat earthers only live North of the equator.

Have you noticed that flat earthers only live North of the equator.
Is it flatter there then?

I still stay the earth is flat, none of my marbles roll off the table.

No jokes about my marbles please

Just like a:
**broken link removed**

I still have my full set, this exact box, all parts (including the vacuum formed tray) in perfect condition. We played and played with it and my older brother made some amazing images - he is still incredibly patient.
A group Christmas gift for our family in 1968.

I still have my full set, this exact box, all parts (including the vacuum formed tray) in perfect condition. We played and played with it and my older brother made some amazing images - he is still incredibly patient.
A group Christmas gift for our family in 1968.

My little sister who wants to be a fashion designer and has real talent at crafts, did some spirograph stuff then used it as a template to sew the patterns with a sewing machine onto a T shirt of hers, it looks awesome, her sense of colour is excellent and she used colour really well on the T shirt. She is 9 soon and so smart!! No good at telling the time and her maths is wonky, but most others things she is absolutely superb at.

And she has a better head for business than me!! She tidies my lab for me and does odd jobs around it for 2 hours a week. £5 an hour she charges!! At least i beat her down from the £11 she initially demanded :D

My little sister who wants to be a fashion designer and has real talent at crafts, did some spirograph stuff then used it as a template to sew the patterns with a sewing machine onto a T shirt of hers, it looks awesome, her sense of colour is excellent and she used colour really well on the T shirt. She is 9 soon and so smart!! No good at telling the time and her maths is wonky, but most others things she is absolutely superb at.

And she has a better head for business than me!! She tidies my lab for me and does odd jobs around it for 2 hours a week. £5 an hour she charges!! At least i beat her down from the £11 she initially demanded :D

You need to look up the word "shark" or "hustler". You may change your opinion on her math skills. She may just be setting you up for a "kill".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back