Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with eaglcad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theruss007

I am trying to make my own circuit boards using the toner transfer method. I have the laser jet printer, and have printed out the board layout, but it still has the component drawings on the page as well. My question is how do you make the components disapear from the board layout. I have tried deleteing the components in the schematic view but that also deletes some of the copper pads as well. Any help will be apprieciated.

Last edited:
How do you get to the layers. I went to edit, then design rules default. When I clicked on the layers tab I didnt see how to do that.

Hi theruss007,

go to the three colour (RGB) symbol on top and look which layer is active. Highlighted blue means active, white means deactivated. (Check or uncheck layers)

Deactivate all layers except for "pads", top or bottom (depending on the layout) and dimension layer. If there are still leftovers of e.g. part outlines check out layer51 which must be deactivated as well.

Eagle is WYSIWIG (What You See Is What You Get), so experiment on screen until only the desired layers are left over to print.

Boncuk

P.S. In the second example tNames (layer25), tValues(layer27) and tRestrict(layer41) aren't deactivated.

The third example shows what you need to print for either photo or any other transfer method with just three active layers 1(Top), 17(Pads) and 20(Dimension).

Attachments

• Show.gif
    Show.gif
    24 KB · Views: 153
  • Show traces.gif
    Show traces.gif
    25.6 KB · Views: 136
  • OVL.gif
    OVL.gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Status