Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me..plZzzzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
becose its cheap,good conductive,easy to make PCBs out of bords.

cod you think of an beter metal?let me gues:no

thank you someone Electro..

any body also have another reasons to use copper ??

i want more reasonS

bo100 said:
thank you someone Electro..

any body also have another reasons to use copper ??

i want more reasonS
1. 'cos manufacturers make copper-clad pc board.
2. 'cos its difficult to get much else.

What does it matter?

Most circuits are covered up.

Do you see a stereo system without a cover on it? no
Do you see a computer monitor without the outside plastic cover on it? no

so basically, your question is really going to get you nowhere unless your final product involves exposing the circuit board to the public.

I dont know if solder will stick to other metals?? wont stick to aluminum and steel i know 4sure. back before i knew better i tried making "PCB traces" out of aluminum foil and using steel wire for connecting things :roll: . pure stupidity

i guess you can get solder for differnet metals though, so i guess copper is best cuz its the most conductive for a cheap product. Can you imagine gold traces? They would be real nice and conductive but you would have bling bling in your circuit boards :lol:

Etching gold if I recall requires a real witches brew of at least two different acids at fairly high concentrations.

Now what would really set the "bling" factor going would be to use clear acrylic or perhaps glass as a replacement for the epoxy board, of course drilling 1mm holes in glass is near to impossible , but surface mounting of normal size ic's and other devices can be achieved with the tools to hand.
Acrylic seems the better option as it is easily drilled, the big drawback is its low melting point making it easily damaged.
Add a few leds or EL wire for lighting and hey presto.

Any suggestions how to bond copper sheet/film to glass or plastic
is the only bit I'm stuck on :lol:

apply a high strenth adhesive in a spray and stick it on. Some people have tried to pull off what your doing, but either crack the glass or the pads start lifting which is a real pain in the...

zachtheterrible said:
I dont know if solder will stick to other metals?? wont stick to aluminum and steel i know 4sure. back before i knew better i tried making "PCB traces" out of aluminum foil and using steel wire for connecting things :roll: . pure stupidity

You can get solder for aluminium and stainless steel, it's basically a different flux, and a different lead/tin ratio (higher melting point). However, it doesn't solder as nicely as copper, silver or gold.

silver is considered to be best conductor of electricity and COPPER to be the second best. But as the cost of silver is too high as compared to copper so COPPER is used on PCB's.

One would think so , alas it is not the case.

The number of electrons and thier distribution in each orbit around the nucleus is of critical importance ...google for "drude model"

yep gold is beter (you may have sean ICs whith golden pins) or wnwn beter is mercury infact its a superconductor at room temperature (and wery poisenus)

but its a real shame it isent solid (the only superconductor and the only liqid metal!what a shame)

Someone Electro said:
yep gold is beter (you may have sean ICs whith golden pins) or wnwn beter is mercury infact its a superconductor at room temperature (and wery poisenus)

but its a real shame it isent solid (the only superconductor and the only liqid metal!what a shame)

Don't know where you heard that, mercury is hardly a superconductor. it's just a conductor. It doesn't become a superconductor until 4.2K, very very close to absolute zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back