Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[help] home weather monitoring miniproject

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello .. eric ! i want to ask about something

About the temperature . someone implement the project like me with these values :

Vref=1.28 v . applied on pin9 is 0.64 v
LM358 works as buffer .

he used these formulas :
To get the minimum span that the adc can identify . min-span=Vref/255
To get the Vin . Vin= Dout * min-span

then :
=1.28/255 = 5.01 mV

He that this the min-span according the formula. and we know that the adc will give us 10 mV / centi but here will give us 5mv/centi ..... which mean we will take the output of the adc and divide it by 2 to get the tempr .

example : if the output is 00000010= 2 in decimal then the program will read 2 and divide it by 2 to get the tempr ...... 2/2=1 c .

is that make any sense ? i asked him about why you divided by 2 ? but he did not respond till now ?

what do u think ?

note : the program is working fine as this person illustrated .

hello .. eric ! i want to ask about something

About the temperature . someone implement the project like me with these values :

Vref=1.28 v . applied on pin9 is 0.64 v
Why is pin9 at 0.64v, it should be 1.28v in order to give a Span of LM35 [1.28v] = 255 adc value.

LM358 works as buffer .
Repeating myself, in this application a buffer is NOT required, it serves no purpose.

he used these formulas :
To get the minimum span that the adc can identify . min-span=Vref/255
This should be equivalent to 1.28v/255 , when the Vref is 1.28v

To get the Vin . Vin= Dout * min-span
This should read: adc value out = [Vin /1.28v] * 255

then :
=1.28/255 = 5.01 mV
So for 5mV CHANGE in Vin ,,,, adc val = [0.005/1.28] = 1 count CHANGE
BUT a 5mV change is only equal to 0.5Cdeg change in temperature at the LM35, so a 1Cdeg change would give an adc value of 2.

He said that this the min-span according the formula. and we know that the adc will give us 10 mV / centi but here will give us 5mv/centi ..... which mean we will take the output of the adc and divide it by 2 to get the tempr .
So if you want to convert this adc value of 2[decimal] to 1Cdeg, you need to divide by 2.

example : if the output is 00000010= 2 in decimal then the program will read 2 and divide it by 2 to get the tempr ...... 2/2=1 c .
Yes.

is that make any sense ? i asked him about why you divided by 2 ? but he did not respond till now ?
Look at my explanation above.

what do u think ?

note : the program is working fine as this person illustrated .

Hi,
I would still advise to use the LM358 as an amplifier for the LM35 output also use the ADC's internal 5Vref.

Hi, I have a thermometer project and I need help. I created a few circuits with different way. Although it seems correct, they didn't work. I added different versions of my project, please help me to solve this problem.

Thank you !

You can download .DSN files:
**broken link removed**
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Projects.rar

Attachments

• withADC_7447_LM35.PDF
    29 KB · Views: 150
  • withICL_LM35.PDF
    26.5 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
It is best to start a new topic if you have a new question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back