Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP - failing p16pro40 - read 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmantilla

I just assemble a P16PRO40 device, winpicprog and freepicprog recognizes it as pressent, parallel cable is 4 inch long.
When programming (12F675, and others ... ) I got the following message:
"Program Verify failed at programm address 0x000, ..." when reading from the PIC every bit appears to be 1's

I double checked the schematic and connections, sample outputs from the parallel port appears to be ok !

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• p16pro40.pdf
    14.2 KB · Views: 172
The most common cause is too little voltage on the MCLR pin, or too much ripple on it, usually caused by using a crappy wallwart power supply. Try using two 9V batteries to feed the P16PRO40 and see what happens?.

With out the processor in, test each of the pins, make sure that they jump to 5v, or 13v+.
If they change to slow or are weak the processor wont go into program mode.

The software reads the state of the data pin, in program mode or not.

If that is all ok them add a small cap to the data line, to help 'clean' the signal.

Kent

P16PRO

I have exactly the same problem with programer P16PRO by Bojan Dobaj

www.picallw.com

I use paw015a.zip software for this programmer. Well, when I slow down Prog Delay and MS Prog Delay on menu 'Settins' --> 'Hardware Setup/Test' everything was be OK. This delay is need when you have faster computer.

Tihomir.

Re: P16PRO

tbenko said:
I use paw015a.zip software for this programmer. Well, when I slow down Prog Delay and MS Prog Delay on menu 'Settins' --> 'Hardware Setup/Test' everything was be OK. This delay is need when you have faster computer.

It shouldn't make any difference, the time delays should be the same regardless of the speed of the computer - although you may get very slight differences on different machines. But it's always worth a try!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back