Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help build a 19volt power backup for my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

samosonictrix

i want to build a 19volt power backup for my laptop, but i am looking for a 22v to 19v dc-dc converter please any one with useful information and a schematic circuit for such should help. thanks

email address deleted - moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you using for the 22V supply?
BTW, it's inadvisable to quote your email address (it will get harvested by bots) and unnecessary, since replies to your post will be posted here.

At only a three volt difference your computer more than likely doesn't need any reduction in the input voltage from your 22 volt source.

All of the internal power it uses comes from internal DC/DC converters of one sort or another which in themselves are not the least bit fussy about getting a few extra volts on their input side.

Most of the Laptop's battery chemistry ic and SMPS IC is working on 7V to 28V, or or 5.5V to 25V (ISL6237, BQ24745 etc.)..... So you don't have to bother about that.... unless you are using an Apple product......

Edit: btw i'm little curious which laptop you are using? as you need a 19V another power source....!!!!!

and remember one thing most of the recent time laptop (like DELL) have some compatibility issue between adapter and laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back