Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Head Phone Jack Hum

Status
Not open for further replies.

windozeuser

Well, I have these cheap computer speakers:

120 Watt P.M.P.O
72mA Input Current
Frequency Response: 100Hz - 16KHz

------------------------------------------

The speakers have a front headphone jack, but when I plug my headphones in it a loud humming noise results. I was wondering if I need a filter to reduce or completely cancel out the humming?

If so then could you help with the design, or should I just buy a better sound system?

Thanks!
:D

I think considering the effort required to fix this getting a new sound system might be the better option. With 72ma input current I don't imagine they are too earth shattering anyhow :lol: . You can plug headphones straight into your soundcard in the meantime, that should work fine (in fact I find mine to be very quiet, even on full there is virtually no hissing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back