Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gyroscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujinvipin

Hi in a gyroscope we can see some specification such as Linearity, Scale Factor, Bias stability, Max update rate. Can anyone please explain about these datas in the way that i can understand. Actually i need to know these information for inertial navigation system to know the orientation of my robot.How do we relate these datas with a full scale range of a gyro? HOW CAN I COMPARE MY OUTPUT ORIENTATION WITH THESE PARAMETERS?

i m attaching a file with this for reference

Attachments

• mti leaflet.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 413
An example of nonlinearity - same number of lines, start and stop in the same place, but they do not line up:
[LATEX]| \;| \;| \;| \;| \;| \;| \;| \;| \;| \;| \;| \;| \;|
[/LATEX]
[LATEX]| \:| \:| \:| \,\:| \,\:| \:| \,\:| \:| \:| \:| \:| \:| \: \:|
[/LATEX]
Imagine the top row is the actual angle in 1° increments - the bottom row is like the gyro's actual non-linear output.

An example of scale factor:
[/LATEX]
[LATEX]| \,\,| \,\,| \,\,| \,\,| \,\,| \,\,| \,\,| \,\,| \,\,| \,\,| \,\,| \,\,| \,\,| \,\,
[/LATEX]
Here there is good linearity, but the scale is amplified.

Bias stability:
[/LATEX]
[LATEX]. \; \; \; \; \; \; \; \; \uparrow \; \; \; \; \; \; \; \; \; \; \; \; \; .
[/LATEX]
One hour later -
[/LATEX]
[LATEX]. \; \; \; \; \; \; \; \; \; \; \; \; \; \; \uparrow \; \; \; \; \; \; \; .
[/LATEX]
Bad bias stability.

Max update rate is how fast the gyro can possibly tell you the current angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back