Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Group Rules on "Spamming" and suspension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnielsen

I recently received a one month suspension for "spamming the list", but I don't have a clue why. I emailed the moderator twice, but received no reply.

I did submit 5 or 6 posts within a period of a few days. However, I am a qualified engineer and all content was well considered and addressed specifically to members' questions. There were certainly no complaints.

Seems to be a rather counterproductive and arbitrary response to someone just wanting to help. Perhaps I triggered some kind of automatic process, or the software had a glitch.

So I don't repeat the same "mistake", does anyone know what might have happened?

As of this writing, you have one and only one post. Perhaps your concern would best be handled offline with the moderators?

Joh

Well it would apear that you are on someones bad side and now that you have started a second account while being temporarily banned the odds are you will get banned again for that. :eek:

As far as not getting replies thats fairly normal too. sorry. :(

Nature of the beast here.

Well, it would seem that my earlier half dozen posts were deleted, possibly when I was suspended. Strange policy, since now no one can judge for themselves whether or not the suspension was really appropriate. Furthermore, my input will obviously not benefit anyone searching the achives. Bit of a waste really.

As previously stated, the moderator did not respond to my previous inquiries. That's why I am asking here. Not sure what is happening. I belong to several groups and this is a first.

Are you aware that all posts between the 8th and 13th December were lost due to a HDD failure. Could it be this and not a ban that caused your account and posts to be deleted? See this thread for details.

Mike.

Thanks for your advice, but I was banned from mid Oct to mid Nov, so that does not explain it ... or why I was banned in the first place.

In response to "tcmtech's" post, no I didn't sign up again under a different account. This has always been my username. And if I got on "someone's bad side", I can't imagine how.

Frankly, I am afraid to post anything now since I don't know if it will be misinterpreted. If I go missing again, you will know why. A bit unexpected on an electronics forum.

This should be moved to feedback.

Moderators have enough to do without randomly banning people and in general the discussion of specific moderation actions are not allowed.

3v0 (former moderator)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back