Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Go Oilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is referring to some team which plays ice hockey.
You know the sort of thing, has a mass following within the ranks of the uneducated and the unwashed. A bit like football I guess.

JimB

JimB said:
I think he is referring to some team which plays ice hockey.
You know the sort of thing, has a mass following within the ranks of the uneducated and the unwashed. A bit like football I guess.

Football? - is that where 22 vastly over paid kids chase a round ball full of air over a big field?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Football? - is that where 22 vastly over paid kids chase a round ball full of air over a big field?.

Yes, I believe there is currently a game being played Germany.

JimB

LOL, too funny. I also find it funny when people refer to it as "ice hockey" < and yes I know there is field hockey, etc.

Field hockey - second in violence with sticks only to lacrosse. <grins>

OOH dear sport! the most boring thing ever invented............The medieval kings had it right....... anybody found playing football will be floged.... it interupted the long-bow practise........

We lost :( Oh well. At least we made it to the 7th game instead of losing at the 4rth.

zevon8 said:
LOL, too funny. I also find it funny when people refer to it as "ice hockey" < and yes I know there is field hockey, etc.

Field hockey - second in violence with sticks only to lacrosse. <grins>

I don't think it's ever been called 'field hockey', just hockey - ice hockey came along FAR later and just borrowed the name.

Hockey isn't violent! - shinty is violent!.

In the UK though both are games for girls, as is rounders (what the Americans appear to call baseball?).

LOL, ya shinty, I remember playing that in primary school ( it's what I meant when I refered to "field hockey" ) it could get brutal. I think the gym teacher was a sadist, and just liked watching us wailing on each other with the sticks.

zevon8 said:
LOL, ya shinty, I remember playing that in primary school ( it's what I meant when I refered to "field hockey" ) it could get brutal. I think the gym teacher was a sadist, and just liked watching us wailing on each other with the sticks.

When I was at secondary school the girls played hockey, and we played rugby. Once the girls in our form challenged the boys to a game of hockey (which none of us had ever played!) - the referee blew her whistle, within 5 seconds EVERY boy was on the grass in pain!.

They declined to play us at rugby though!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back