Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

getting lead-acid batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting on my very own solar system ...

A solar system? You're going to need a whole bunch of coalescing hydrogen and at least a couple of planets - not to mention the one billion year waiting time before you can live in it.

Why lead acid batteries? I'm assuming you mean a solar system mobile, they don't exactly have steep power requirements, why not just use standard Alkaline cells?

erm just to clarify...

a few 20 W solar panels on the house wall

great humor though.

Does this mean we should not expect a big bang anytime soon ;)

Does this mean we should not expect a big bang anytime soon ;)

No no, NO big bangs they require too much energy best used on powering stuff. If the almighty could not get it right first time I doubt I'll do any better....

(hey what happened to the smilys on this forum ?)

Last edited:
No no, NO big bangs they require too much energy best used on powering stuff. If the almighty could not get it right first time I doubt I'll do any better....

(hey what happened to the smilys on this forum ?)

I thought a negative followed by a positive vertex implied a smile...:):D;):p

Last edited:
If you want da big bang go connect 2 off 400AH battery arrays up and short them out :D. An aluminuim connector turns to dust in a BIG BANG :eek: I know as as I have done it.

Eh Thunderchild,
On a more serious note is pommyland known as the sunless land ;). Be better to make your own wind turbine too if you really want any RE power. It aint hard but this forum seems to think it's all a big joke.

Cheers Bryan :D

If you want da big bang go connect 2 off 400AH battery arrays up and short them out :D. An aluminuim connector turns to dust in a BIG BANG :eek: I know as as I have done it.

There's your sign...:) Smiley included.

I thought this whole thing turned into a play on words as Thunder said he wanted to make a solar system. I think we are just funnin...:) Solar system; get it? hehe

Not bashing his idea, just choice of words...

Last edited:

Eh Thunderchild,
On a more serious note is pommyland known as the sunless land ;). Be better to make your own wind turbine too if you really want any RE power. It aint hard but this forum seems to think it's all a big joke.

Cheers Bryan :D

hm with what the damn things will cost : £ 113 for 400 Ah @ 6V i think I'll advoid big bangs, they use a lot of power too.

I am considering a wind turbine too but unfortunately have really limited space, just a back garden with houses around it but something small would be good any suggestions welcome

There's your sign...:) Smiley included.

I thought this whole thing turned into a play on words as Thunder said he wanted to make a solar system. I think we are just funnin...:) Solar system; get it? hehe

Not bashing his idea, just choice of words...

no worries I came to the more laid back part of the forum so its to be expected.

Okay, back to being serious, why lead acid? Cost? It may be cheaper to go with a more expensive battery in the long run.

I was thinking of the trojan ones from here:
Car Batteries UK - Buy Online
the first one 6 V 220 Ah is the cheapest (although they are cheating a little as they are rated at 20h and the standard is 10h)

Maybe I was wrong. I kinda assumed there were other types, but I was guessing ...

Thunderchild, are there any golf courses or golf cart repair shops in your area?

Those would be a good place to get batteries.

If your are going to make your own solar system, can I have my own planet?

A solar system? You're going to need a whole bunch of coalescing hydrogen and at least a couple of planets - not to mention the one billion year waiting time before you can live in it.

I know, I know. Good lord. Some guys come onto the forum and want complete schematics, board layout, software and everything, now this guy wants his own solar system.

How about growing your own potato patch? You can eat some of them for their good nutrients and use the rest for making a power source ... even on cloudy days when solar works poorly.

500 lb Potato Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back