Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

generation of electricity through compressed air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I just rained all over someones idea.
You haven't rained on anyone's Big Plans. The overunity people will take your calculations, move the decimal point three places to the right and say you proved their case. :eek:

ah... Just like the global warming enviro nuts move the .0034% estimated green house increase over to say 34% !!
When I did my final report for my enviro geology class when I went back to college several years ago I questioned the data collection and analysis methods used. The short story is most of the data collection methods have a 30 to 99% margine of error! And they have to publish that error!
Check out the EPA funded study reports. Most college libraries have them. Thats where I got all my info for may final report. Full access public info, if you go to look for it! I could probibly find it on the internet to but I trust hard paper from proven sources rather than possible fake website info.
hmm... makes a person wonder where they do get the numbers from you hear about on the news all the time. They sure are not from the EPA research!
By the way I got a A+ and a couple professors who said if that info I had in my final research project got out to the public some enviro nut might try to bump me off!
I told them that as long as his aim with the gun is as acurate as his math I am safe, but the guy standing behind him had better watch his head!

Oh, I think you're plenty safe. From gunshots, anyway. Might have to get a ridicule-proof vest.

True.
But the first poke did get was from the man that eventialy gave me the A+!
I showed him the actual books and how I found the data and how that data was noted with piles of * pointing to the collection method error variations and formulas that proved or supported those variations.
I pulled one more back from the enviro nut dark side! He probibly has done the same to others by now too!
And by the way I am very enviromentaly consious! I recycle what I can and try to reduce my mess and gross waist of energy and resources when I can but I am not pushing it on others.

Respected sir....

Respected sir....
I am studying 8th sem B E in UBDT COLLEGE OF ENGEENERING DAVANGERE, (karnataka)
Please send some information about Electctricity generate from speed braker.

In this situation you will not be generating much electricity. First off air is not a good medium to transfer energy. second a single human standing, or walking on a pad will only weigh an average of 190 lbs or so. now if you transfer that to pressure pads all you gain is his gravitational force, or maybe a tad more, with each step, only 1/2 his weight.

The distance the pad could travel is very limited so even if he could generate more force, if you had a large travel in the pad, walking across your device would be uncomfortable at best, hazardous at worst!

You are talking a very low PSI of air you could possibly generate, and therefore a very low deltaT. It would take an IMMENSE croud of people constantly walking across such a device to get anything even slightly useful. and the complications of check valves, etc would make the build immense in cost.

Well said. Human power is a very limited field, being excellent for some bicycle powered stuff for emerging countries and some other little gadgets like emergency lights etc. But ultimately the small amount of energy comes from expensive food we ate...

Why not bypass the middle man and just burn the massive amount of unused food (ie garbage) that us lazy people in the western world generate every day? Turn that into energy? Considering we waste almost as much food as we actually eat anyway.

That's all in the pipeline, our government are investing in energy to waste but they should go much further.

In my view virtually no rubbish should be going to landfill, all waste that can't be recycled should be burnt to generate electricity. The fumes can be filtered to remove nearly all the nasty chemicals leaving only CO2 and water vapour.

The climate change squad can STFU & GTFO:

1. A good percentage of the waste is carbon neutral (it comes from plants).
  2. Emissions from landfill will be virtually eliminated, even more so if existing landfill sites are excavated and the waste burn/recycled.
  3. It will displace emissions from fossil fuels.

Last edited:
Someone needs to develop a "down" escalator that runs off gravity. And then use the electricity from that to run the "up" escalator.

I think I'm starting to get this urban micro power thing. :D

Last edited:
A "down" escalator is already a closed loop system. For every step going down, there is another step inside on an internal return path.

The weight of the passenger is almost insignificant.

It's closed loop when compared with just itself, but the people riding it are open loop. This could be harnessed. Although I think it wouldn't generate much power at all. Probably about the same as pumping air by walking on rubber mats. :)

Someone needs to develop a "down" escalator that runs off gravity. And then use the electricity from that to run the "up" escalator.

I think I'm starting to get this urban micro power thing. :D

That's brilliant! You just need to add some rules; like make all the fatties walk UP the stairs but then they can use the DOWN escalator! See where I'm going with that? Unlimited energy! ;)

Why not bypass the middle man and just burn [the] food ...

I tried to explain that one to people after I watched "The Matrix". Uhh... humans as electric power generators... right...

Last edited:
Actually there are "energy saving" escalators now. that don't run unless someone approaches them, and do use gravity and weight to help power them. There are also some rotating doors with generators in them that run the lights..

I believe the Dutch are using compressed air to operate a fleet of small vehicles in one of their cities.

gingerground - on compressed air car

DKNGUYEN said

THe problem is you need to find a natural source of compressed air. Because if you make your own compressed air that takes energy (and because nothing is 100% efficient it takes more energy to make the compessed air that you can store in it). ANd then you run it through your generator which again is not 100% efficient so you lose more energy.'

This is very correct. There is a system that does precisely that- makes cheap energy without a drop of external fuel; The problem is that in America one has to have letters patent- not every system can be patented, and even then the rich companies buy the system and lock them away to continue selling oil.

WIND< GEOTHERMAL, SOLAR< OIL< GAS HYDRO ARe all 10 to 30 times more expensive than this system.

Major difficulty I have- no money and the Jamaican OUR wont let it see the light of day unless one bids for a contract to produce electricity.

AGAIN I SAY, there is a simply mechanical system to prodcue cheap energy that does no foul the envi and has no caron footprint.

Maybe one day .

The AIR CAR IS VERY Possible and could cost US$25 a month for the air supply, no matter how far you drive, air will not cost any more for a whole mont.

Clive Ocnacuwenga
Jamaica
e

Care to enlighten us as to what that simple mechanical system is and to what makes it so efficient despite the laws of physics and thermal dynamics?

Odds are a good number of us all ready know of it and why it really never got put into use. :rolleyes:

We can smell over unity and free energy scam's miles away and I think I may be smelling what might be related to one now. :eek:

There was an 'air-bike' 'invented' by few engg. college students here recently that use compressed air cylinders and an air motor. The demo ended with a 1.5mins(!) of running at 10km/hr by using 90pounds pressure compressed air.

They used vane-type motors Vane-Type Motor   , and the efficiency was very low.

Research is/maybe going on there about using solar energy used for the air compression unit...........however I really don't get the performance of this so called vane motor!

I'd like to know what a caron footprint looks like :D
Would you be satisfied with this one?
**broken link removed**

Reply to tcmtech and others!!

To begin with, I did not offer to sell a damn soul anything- so there is NO SCAM. I mere suggested that this thing could cost as little as US$25 a montH. (The h was left off).

AS FOR TRUST products, nobody's selling anything. I have been talking to the people who matter and in due course the truth will be known.

One question? WHY DOESN'T THE US GOvernment enlighten the rest of us about its silent submarines and stealth aircraft- for the very good reason that if the whole world had it, there would be no deterrent.

If the whole world knew waht my simple mechanical device was how much would I earn- the world would have it, and if the world had it someone would be using it.

My brain moves faster than my fingers henbce the typos- not CARON FOOTPRINT' but CARBON FOOTPRINT. Follow the line of thought and it should have been obvious to a child in elementary school that that was an obvious typos.

Clive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back