Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Freescale Semiconductors

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermaine

Anyone here have use M68ICS05C? The chips seems to be no longer Eeprom. It's a OTP (One time Programming). However, the spec that i downloaded from freescale is stating that it is a eeprom.

A quick check on their website shows that the M68ICS05C is a SIMULATOR, and not a microcontroller - so are you checking for the wrong number?.

It's also a VERY OLD simulator, it's spec says it works with Win3.x and Win95 - it's status is listed (not suprisingly!) as "End of life".

Why would you want to be dealing with such an old device?.

Hi Nigel,
In my experience most of the old goodies from Motorola is at the 'end of life' in the hands of Freescale. The sad fact is that they are using the new Pb-free world to get rid of many of the old MCU's produced as 'legacy', leaving only the new controller types.

HC11 types is mostly down the drain, and you can't use the hcs12 in the same way. Addressing external memory is a pain in this quasi-16bit controller.

Beside that, I agree in that 6805 derivates is a bit on the old side. There are many new HC908 versions to use instead. And the -08 is mostly code compatible with the -05(at least source code), with a much wider range of use, and last but not least flash rom.

TOK ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back