Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

free pcb layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

jam

hi
i am NAVEEN ,a electronics student . I need to know whether there is any site offering a pcb layout for a given circuit free of cost

If you mean that you upload your schematic and you get back a PCB layout for free I am afraid the answer is no.

If, instead, you mean that you are looking for PCB layout that does "this and this and that" then there are many ready PCB layouts out there...but you should tell us what PCB you need.

The fact that you can make your pcb yourself.

You may use ORCAD to automatically output the pcb layout with a given scheme.

After that, if you wanna, I'll show you how to make a pcb yourself in few minutes. I've made myself a 10cm x 10cm pcb in 30mins. All you need is a printer, a coper board, a decan paper (bigger than your coper board), FeCl3 liquid.

I find that circuit maker is an excellent, tool, if u send me your actual graphic I would do it for you, for a relative cheap and fair price

Im building an autonomous robot, and instead of the crap protoboards I make my own PCB's its neater and no cluster of wires

Well sorry, I don't know it clearly in English. But it's a 2 layer paper, you can peel the back and stick the other on something. It's like the sticker. I don't know if you use the right word. STICKER.

You usually give up the back layer of sticker. But if you wanna make a pcb, you throw out the front layer (u usually use this layer to stick on something).

The back layer has two side, one is normal side, we won't care of this side, but the smooth and shiny side.

This smooth and shiny side is fixed with the front layer of sticker.

.......|| ||
.......|| ||
.......|| ||
.......|| ||
.......|| ||
^ ^
back layer front layer
_________^___________
STICKER
dont care about the . dot, because if I don't write the dots, it cannot be viewed right.

Enlarged back layer

| |
~ |
| |
~ |
| |
~ |
| |
~ |
| |

^normal side ^smooth and shiny side

You can print the pcb to the smooth and shiny side ( instead of on normal paper (A4 for example..))

After that, you press this side against the copper board. Of course against the copper side.

You then iron (use the iron to iron as you do with clothing) so that the ink of pcb you printed on smooth and shiny side attaches to the copper board

Then, you dip the copper board in FeCl3 liquid.

FeCl3 + Cu = CuCl2 +FeCl2

Therefore, copper on the board will dissolve in the liquid, except the inked copper parts.

Finally, you have the remaining copper on the board as identical as the pcb you need.

drill the holes for components' pins

>>> you got your pcb

I do domething similar like that 2 layer paper, but its homemade and under testing.

Like i said, i use clay coated transparencies. I disolve clay into a liquid with water and using a paint gun i spray the transperencies and leave them to dry.

The clay layer acts like a second peel-able layer. You laser print on the clay side and iron on. Cool. and then peel off. The clay acts like a releasing agent.

Yeah,

I think this is an interesting experience. Therefore, if you have spare time, pls make a pcb yourself and take all the pictures of the progress, then post it on this forum.

I'm now in a project, and I seem to have no free time. As I'll be free on May, I'll take some pix about my method. I think it may help beginners.

Thanks muchie for telling us your method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back