Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FLATRON LG 1750H - unexpected behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one quite old FLATRON LG L1750H monitor. IIRC, it was one of the first LG TFT 17" monitors on the market.

I have use it while ago intensively, until bought larger one, then store it. It worked correctly few years, then had some issues (before storage) with picture losing and showing until worm up, however nothing more serious. Year ago, I had a need for dual monitor work, restore it from box (was stored in room temperature, no humidity) and notice it does not work. After replaced all caps with low ESR ones, it show unusual behavior. Until today unchanged.

1. When turn on after night with in computer (manually switch power button on monitor), it works fine.

2. When turn monitor off and then on while computer is turned on, various behaviors happens:
- Start to blink, normal picture/blank (in period 1s have the picture, 5s no picture, blank screen)
- The same as upper, however picture is with 16 colors or normal colors however split (shifted up) horizontal in 5/3 or so ratio. The behavior indicate that it searched suitable mode, which is quite strange since resolution is always 800x600, 75Hz. However, the same behavior is with other resolution signal sent from computer (1024 x 768, for instance).

To fix this, it is necessary to turn it on/of many times (5-10 or more), then picture is normal until next turn off.

3. When monitor is on and computer is turned off or go to hibernation mode, monitor automatically go to power safe mode, turning on/off (power button LED is green/orange , 3s/5s respectively) showing "Power Save Mode" info. However, instead of usual frame often show question marks, different characters for the info (mixing ASCII characters and graphic characters), background of the whole picture is green, red or gradient. Then, when turn computer on, behavior starts from point 2.

4. When computer is off, Monitor should go to sleep mode permanently until get signal from computer, IIRC.

Upper behavior is the same with in analog and digital mode (have VGA and DVI connectors).
With the same monitor and different computer and cables, behavior is the same.
With other LG 22" W monitor on the same computer, such behavior does not exists.

I suspect some IC, or more than one may be faulty, however it is over my abilities to locate the source. If it cost is more than 20 euro, it is not worth of replacement (similar used 17" monitors can be bought even for less than that).

Anyone have any idea by experience what that could be?
I may attach some photos, if required.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back