Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timescope

Hello Everyone,

I have recently been getting the "Firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page" warning when viewing pages on the site. Clicking "allow" gets rid of it for some time.

Is it connected to a pop-up that the site generated some time ago ?

I am using Firefox 19.0 beta, Microsoft security essentials, Superantispyware, Malwarebytes, and up to date Windows 7 pro.

Thanks,

Timescope

I find that a useful feature of Firefox. It blocks all sorts of junk. Occasionally something useful gets blocked, but I can live with that :)

I agree, it can be a useful feature. One of the search engines for multiple Craigslist's required that feature to be active. Apparently, Craigslist (a free listing service for individuals in the US) didn't want users to be able to do that.

Go to Tools>Options>Advanced>Accessibility and check what your setting is for re-directs.

John

Hi John,

I would not like to do that for security reasons.

I can't remember what the pop-up was but it was old and an admin put a "dismiss" button on it to get rid of it.
It had something to do with the forum.

I wish Firefox would also let us know where the page wanted to go to.

I have not noticed it this evening since I came online so it may be fixed.

Thanks,

Timescope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back