Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FA-130A Motor Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill uses the SN754410 to drive the Tamiya 70168 Double Gearbox in his Mongoose robot. The schematics for it are online at blueroom.

I have used the SN754410 with that motor and have not had any problems. I do not let it run stalled for long.

3v0
Hello,
I have been looking for a 1.5VDC-3VDC motor driver IC that can handle .2A nominal current and 2.2A stall current.

This is the schematic:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/12/fa_130ra-1.pdf

I also have a SN754410 Motor driver by TI but the stall current of the motor may fry it. Is there any method to control the motor with external protection on the SN754410?

Thanks.

Thank you, as suggested I used a SN754410 and a PTC fuse and I can stall the motors without the SN754410 even getting warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back