Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

External timer interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonxer

I've got a quick question. I've done timing delays with loops, and have also gotten very accurate timing delays with TMR prescalers and interrupts. I recently got a Dallas DS1302 real time clock chip and a 32.768 crystal, just for tinkering around with. How exactly do I go about interfacing it to a PIC (628, 84A, 877, any flavor...)? I noticed the DS1302 has a reset pin, a synchronize pin, and a bi-directional I/O pin. Given that in order to read and generate signals on the PIC, I would need two separate pins: One for output, one for input, and that these two pins need to talk to the DS1302, which has one bi-IO pin, how are they to be connected :?: Could I simply use diodes to control the data flow in the correct direction? Thx for any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back