Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

European GPS in USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justDIY

My folks are traveling to Greece in a few months, and they would like to have a gps navigator to help out finding their way around.

I've tried ordering a Mio Moov 330 from several UK sites including Amazon, and the shopping-cart systems alway fail at the last step, saying there are geographic restrictions. Is there some sort of NATO restriction on Americans buying European navigation devices?

Where do the French, Italians and Germans buy their electronics online from? All my google searches for the mio keep coming up with UK sites. I'm just curious if they suffered from the same NATO restrictions?

I want a Mio because we already have an American version (which is not allowed to run the European maps for some reason)... I want to stay with this brand so the user interface is familiar for them.

Any ideas are appreciated!

OK, try these:

**broken link removed**

Buy Mio Moov 330 Europe Reviews

OK the first one is only a Mio Moov 200, but is came up in the Google search.
Handtech seem expensive but claim to ship anywhere.

Good luck in your quest.

JimB

OK the first one is only a Mio Moov 200, but is came up in the Google search.
Handtech seem expensive but claim to ship anywhere.

Good luck in your quest.

JimB

Jim,

Thanks for the help ... I emailed comwales to see if they'll ship internationally. I also found MediaWorld in Italy which carries the 330WE for EU169. I couldn't find an email address on their site however, need to visit them again with babelfish.

@Ubergeek

If worse comes to worse, I can hack our usa model with miowalker, and install my European version of PocketSteets ... problem being it is kind-of clunky compared to the native Miomap interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back