Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ETO Frozen

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this area (Somerset UK) ETO was unusable (very slow) from 5:30amGMT to 7amGMT and was not accessible from 7am GMT to 1pm GMT on Saturday 2016_12_10.

Is there any reason for this?

spec

hi spec,
Same here.
If Admin are not careful, ETO will go into terminal decline.

Is there a reason that this happening.?

You may recall, I have queried about the time it takes to get onto Chat.

Eric

I think part of the problem is all the hoops ETO jumps through (unnecessarily in my view) when you click on a forum topic ..... numerous ad-sites, social media, ...... If any one of them has a delayed response then ETO just has to wait.

I think part of the problem is all the hoops ETO jumps through (unnecessarily in my view) when you click on a forum topic ..... numerous ad-sites, social media, ...... If any one of them has a delayed response then ETO just has to wait.
I suspect that the problem is due to site maintenance: back ups, etc.

If that is the case it would be handy to know in advance when the maintenance period is. At work, our system was down from 2am to 4am and we could legislate for that if we were working at night.

spec

Just an update, in the last week I have noticed a big improvement in ETO availability. Yes, it does slow down on occasions, especially when uploading files, but not to an unworkable rate.

Update: at 6am GMT today (2016_12_31) ETO completely froze for 10 minutes.:arghh:

spec

Last edited:
hi spec,
If this continues, I am going to email Elsa, see if she can unfreeze this site.!:rolleyes:
E
th.jpeg

Running slowly, verging on stuck with some functions this morning (Saturday).

JimB

Right now at 09.15 UK time, experienced a slow loading. And today is Saturday.

EDIT to add

It took around 13 minutes for this post to be actually visible as posted.

/EDIT

Same here, a slow period around 09:00.
10;36, and all is back to normal.

I guess that it is safe to assume that around 08:00 - 09:00 GMT on Saturday, there is some weekly maintenance on the server or whatever.

JimB

Yes, same here, from around 6:30am GMT (UK) on Saturday 2017_01_07 ETO would not open full stop.:rolleyes:

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back