Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

eliminating I1(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Hi

Could you please help me with this query? Thanks.

Regards
PG

Attachments

• lcs_lrc_ckt.jpg
    lcs_lrc_ckt.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 272
Hi,

I am surprised no one answered this yet.

Solve equ 3-70 for I1(s), then insert that solution into equ 3-69, call that new equation A1 and it only has I2(s) in it now. Then solve equ 3-71 for I2(s), then insert that into the new equation A1, solving for Eo/Ei.

So the whole deal here is to solve for I1 and I2 simultaneously.

PG,

There are many methods. For example, you can use the elimination method. The basic idea is explained here.

https://www.mathplanet.com/educatio...elimination-method-for-solving-linear-systems

It amounts to multiplying one equation by an appropriate parameter (that does not include the variables), and then adding two equations to create a new equation.

In this example, you can either multiply eqn. 3-70 by (1 + R1 C1 s), then add this new equation to 3-69. Or, divide eqn. 3.69 by (1 + R1 C1 s), then add the new equation to 3-70.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back