1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

elementary problems inserting custom models into ltspice

Discussion in 'Circuit Simulation & PCB Design' started by Martin Krehl, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Martin Krehl

Martin Krehl New Member

Hi All!
    After installing the new version, I needed a high voltage ZETEX transistor ZTX658. Grabbed the model from their site, pasted it to the ltspice standard.bjt file, renamed a standard npn to ZTX658.
    I was a little surprised that this did not work at all.
    Pasting the model into the drawing as a spice directive: Same negative result.
    I am not a regular user: What did I miss? I browsed several tutorials: Can't find a mistake. Can anybody help me?

2. alec_t

alec_t Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

Where was this file located? The Windows version of LTS installs it in two places but apparently uses only the file in the \Documents\LTS\lib\cmp folder.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Martin Krehl

Martin Krehl New Member

Thank you for the hint, it helped a lot! I am working on an apple, the standard.bjt the progam folder is not used at all apparently. There is a copy in a place that can not easily be found by guys like me more suited to a windows system. It is located in ./Library/Application Support/LTspice/lib/cmp. Thanks again!

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. alec_t

alec_t Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

Ah. Useful to know if I ever get an Apple :).