Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronics resources - the best, the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDSCANNING

Hi everyone,
I asked this a while ago but thought i'd re-open the question to see if anyone has any good resources.

Looking back at the late 90's getting datasheets was difficult and sometimes expensive. The likes of Chipdocs and Partminer charging subscription fees.

Now you can get most datasheets online. I'm looking to get some opinions on which newer free datasheet resources are the best. Often I search several sites and the results dont differ.

Some i use are

www.datasheetarchive.com - have the best coverage with their book scanning project. limit on daily downloads.

www.alldatasheet.com - the most popular and great database, annoying that the pdf loads in an iframe.

www.datasheetcatalog.com - Simple and good interface but the smallest database.

www.datasheet4u.com - have some good obsolete devices but stamp "datasheet4u" across every document.

datasheetpro - not sure about this one, seems new.

Anyone have any opinions on the above sites, any new sites that you would recommend?

:)

Those are the ones I use. If I have a hard time finding a datasheet I start searching using google, and others. If that doesn't work I will try to find a similar datasheet by looking through electronic distributors like Mouser, or Newark.

I use datasheetarchive for all my datasheets. I connect a router to my high-speed cable internet and its hidden address allows me to have an unlimited number of downloads.

I use datasheetarchive for all my datasheets. I connect a router to my high-speed cable internet and its hidden address allows me to have an unlimited number of downloads.

I'd be cautious about downloading too many. I've been blocked permanently before when i thought i had unlimited downloads. Took a while for the admin to restore my access.

My guess is they do a download count on the sub domain as well as the IP.

www.icmaster.com is one i forgot from the list

Thanks

Last edited:
I better watch out with downloading too many datasheets one after the other.

I look at a Philips datasheet, then a Fairchld one, then a Texas Instruments one, etc, to see the differences and errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back