Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronics clearane

Status
Not open for further replies.

kal.a

Hi Guys,

An electronic store nearby is having a **broken link removed**on some of the parts that they will no longer stock an have been sitting around for years. I am not familiar with most of them and wondering what may be of use or fun for a newbie to play/experiment with.

Thanks
Kal

These ICs are what once were (the 70's) extremely popular logic building blocks: the 74LSxxx series of TTL-logic chips.
My very first IC project that worked was a 555 flashing a LED.
For my second IC project, I fed the 555's output into a 7490 decade counter which lit 4 LEDs in BCD fashion.
Finally, I hooked the 7490 to a 7446 BCD to seven segment LED decoder, and watched the single digit count from 0 to 9....I was thrilled!

TTL are mostly obsolete nowadays. But......If they give you a good price for them, purchase a few of them, then a large breadboard, and start teaching yourself some digital electronic basics.

There is a classic book: TTL Cookbook by Don Lancaster, which lists many useful and entertaining projects mostly based on TTL logic.

Last edited:
Thanks Schmitt. Taking a hint from your username I think I will be picking up some of those Schmitt Triggers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back