Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiteshkaku

I am looking for a circuit diagram which dehaves like a senor where any object comes in front of it (say within 2 feets).. the circuit will glow a light which is attached to it.
Thanks - Hitesh

Use reflected IR light. You can do that very easily with a simple microcontroller (e.g., 12F509) or with discrete components, such as a 556 dual oscillator and a 567 demodulator. What resources do you have available? Are you wiling to take on learning enough Assembly to modify the program for the microcontroller?
John

Thanks John for replying...
I am a student and this is kind of my first project. I am not very familiar with the ICs and modulators. It will be helpful if you can send me some link or any circuit diagram.

Here is a schematic for a LM556/LM567 based reflected IR
detector.

Check this link for a microcontroller-based system:
http://users.frii.com/dlc/robotics/projects/botproj.htm

John

Edit: I can't get the schematic uploaded right now. Tried X3. It comes up blank. Will try later. John

Edit: Here's the schematic in gif. John

Attachments

• IRED 556 Sensor copy.gif
    IRED 556 Sensor copy.gif
    30.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back