Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

elec_meter

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi;
I have a project to design a RLC Meter .
first , I'm asking for a good references , circuit design and a helpful previously projects ,,, to start my project

hi;
i want to use a micro controller to help me in my electronic project:
first , to measure an electronic component (R,L,C) i program the micro to the maximum range of measure and if the component value is small enough
the range will be shorter to the next range , and if the value still small enough i again short the range to get the smallest range directly bigger than the
component value to have more accurately , so i will design the measurements circuit and want a micro to divide the measurements range and select the range than directly bigger than the component value.
second, i want to display the result on maximum digit available .

Hi Adam2014,

I have combined your threads, since they appear to be based on the same project. One thread per project is usually enough.

Regards,
Matt

In the german Elektor Magazine was presented an LCR Meter in the first Month's of 2013.
I think in the english version of Elektor the article is availible too.
I think that's a good startpoint for your own development.

This request for information appears to come from someone doing a higher education course and being set a project to complete. The way you seek, find and complete your research is part of that educational learning procedure. Nothing new comes from the readily available.

How i can determine the elements is capacitance or inductance depends on the dc response of filter ?

We speak about current leading voltage or voltage leading current. What does this mean?
If you have a circuit with a restive and capacitive component then the resistor will delay the time for the capacitor to charge. As the capacitor builds up its charge, it will exhibit an increasing voltage across it. The current falls as the capacitor charges.
This is supply volts minus capacitor volts divided series resistance equals current/charge into the capacitor. Hence current has to flow to establish capacitor voltage that will eventually equal the supply voltage.
A dc voltage applied across a resistive and inductive load on initial application will have a voltage equal to the supply voltage develop as counter EMF across the inductance, and this voltage will drop as current increases and more voltage is developed across the resistive component. OHM's Law. Hence voltage leads current in an inductive circuit. Note: Voltage across the inductor is proportional to the rate of change of the current through it.
This means that a capacitive device has large initial flow dropping to zero. An inductive load will rise to a maximum dependent on the resistive component of the circuit.
Look at the time response across the filter for voltage and current.

Try this:

If you have questions about ordering packages for Proteus, I suggest you contact the sales team at Labcenter. They will be able to help you much more than I can ;)

Regards,
Matt

Hi
i upload the photo of circuit that i used in the LC design
but i have some question ::
Q1 ) what the function of : C9 , R9 , why we put this value ?
Q2) the second photo is for the signals : 1.comparator output (scale 5v) 2.non-inverting input (scale 1v) ,,, is the non-inverting input should be a sin wave (as shown) or a square wave (as i think)?

Sorry , there is a problem !! i can't upload a file or figure !!
so there is the circuit schematic https://www.rfcandy.biz/communication/pic/lcimpsch.gif

2.PNG
figure 2
and figure 1 in the link on post#13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back