Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Easy 8051 kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZX3ST

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get ahold of an 8051 kit with a dev board that's easy to program and to work with in general. I know virtually nothing about microcontrollers so any input would be appreciated.

This is a project I'm working on with another person, and I'm not very knowledgeable about these things. The problem is, neither is he. Even though he's had classes dealing with the 8051, he doesn't seem to know much other than how to work with the ones the school has in the labs. It's my understanding that there are quite a few options available in the 8051 area.

Any suggestions?

Go to silabs.com
Click on Development Tools.
See Eval. Kits and Development Kits. They range from $29 through $179 with many at $99. Look at C8051F411EK. I have some of the $69 boards.

These are not your Dad’s 8051 that ran 1 million instructions per second. Many of these run 50 million instructions per second, some twice that. Most of the SiLab’s parts are not simple 8051 but have many extra features.

Well...

Hi,

I feel 8051 is not the microcontroller that requires a special board to learn...

All you need is to make hardware by self on general pcb and start programming...

also buy or make a programmer ...

For getting started interfacings see this website: www.freewebs.com/maheshwankhede

Regards,

Simran..

Thanks for the replies everyone! It's been a help already.

Are any of these kits ready to go? I mean, do they some with everything I'll need to get started?

Why use the 8051?

It isn't the 80s anymore.

^^^

Because this is a relatively simple project, and this is the kind of controller that my partner knows how to use. It's also my understanding that they are generally more affordable than the other options.

ZX3ST said:
^^^

Because this is a relatively simple project, and this is the kind of controller that my partner knows how to use. It's also my understanding that they are generally more affordable than the other options.

Not really any cheaper and yet far more limited than either PIC or AVR, it's an antique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back